FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

**(DOTD selections/comments only, thanks)**
FEEL THE NEED IN ME   Detroit Emeralds
30/06/77   Dancers Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.
A link to the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7aKeUBwN7w
Its got to be one of the two girls out on the flanks for me. Both look cute as a button, but im choosing `Gill`. Yes she had a small stumble, but i thought she rode it well. I also like the way she had a smile on her face as she looked across at her friends to see if they noticed. Bless her.

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

PattiForPM
I still can't believe they marginalized the Birthday girl in this one.  Anyway old grievances aside, I have to agree that Gill is really appealing here and so cute when she loses her thread but I have to give this DotD to her proficient and stunning partner in crime, the lovely Rosie

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Lulu

For her leadership here in showing three other dancers the correct moves, & at first glance she's flanked by bodyguards Rosie & Gill, who are on hand in case Lulu faces difficulties of public order, or that's how I see it, but seriously Lulu deserves the accolade, for her uber-confidence during this routine.

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

My "chief mourner" here is the stunning and self-assured Rosie (so what if she glances the monitor for a few fleeting frames?) I love the experimental split-screen work on show here, but it does marginalise Patti and Pauline at times when they focus on Lulu.
Stu

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Stu
She did ride that stumble really well, so for the same reasons as Ryan, Gill just pips Rosie for DOTD for me.

Stuey

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

VintageVideos
Only one girl feels the need in me and that is the lovely Rosie

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Old Bill
Lulu's close up at 1'15" takes one's breath away!

But the DotD  here for me is Rosie. She has an advantage that she has a bit of screen all to herself, as does Gill, but Rosie's bit is noticable smaller. Most unfair on Rosie - but does she complain with having to squeeze in to less than 1/3 of the screen? Nope she just gets on with moving and a-grooving and looking super lovely.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Who's That Hurll
Rosie.

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Doc
It can only be one of the girls on the side as I hardly notice those in the centre. Gill drops points for losing her way about half way through although I think Rosie would still have been my dotd without the error.

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Adorable Gillusion
DOTD...Gill

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Old Grey Whistler
The two girls on the outside both put in stunning performances, but for me the star of the show is the one leading the centre group, Lulu, who shows her increasing confidence here and gets my vote for DOTD.

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)

Angie
DOTD: Rosie

Re: FEEL THE NEED IN ME (DOTD)