Favourite Dance Routines by...

Caracalla
Your favourite, or top few favourite, dance routines by people who are not, or are not primarily, dancers.

Two of mine

Mud's routine to "Dynahmite"
Great moves and very funny and entertaining

Kate Bush',  "Wuthering Heights"
Very beautiful combined song and dancing. Particularly the in studio version.
(Not sure if Kate isn't a trained dancer as well, but the performance is primarily about the song)

Re: Favourite Dance Routines by...

I don't remember the 'Dynamite' routine. I'll check that out sometime over the weekend. I do know the 'Tiger Feet' moves though!

If you've downloaded the 29/1/87 edition, I really like the interaction during the 'Jack the Groove' performance.

For a group making their debut on TOTP (with 'Young Guns') , Wham! had some really well co-ordinated moves.

We didn't see much of Madonna in the TOTP studio in the early days, but her two performances for 'Holiday' and 'Like A Virgin' showed what a great dancer she was.

Re: Favourite Dance Routines by...

Dancer
Would have to think long and hard about this one and go through my book.

I used to look forward to seeing Kate Bush's performances on TOTP and yes she is a trained dancer.  Every video she did was fab and equally her performances.  One that stands out for me is Wow.  When she performed that on the TOTP stage it just blew me away.  So so clever and a lovely song.

From a group perspective nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Agree though that Madonna did some lovely performances.

Re: Favourite Dance Routines by...

Everything'sRosie
The performance that blew me away was Jeffrey Daniels backsliding among the audience to Shalamar's A Night To Remember back in 1982.
Queens of My Soul
HG

One of the people who trained Kate was Arlene Phillips

Re: Favourite Dance Routines by...

Caracalla
finally watched Wow performance. Definitely Wow! Another great routine by Kate.
Another one I watched recently and had forgotten how great it was was Suzi Quatro and her band doing their moves to Devilgate Drive.