Favourite Intros

Mikey
The intro is arguably one of most important parts of the routine, setting the tone for what is to follow and there have been some very inventive ones used over the years, so what are your favourites?

How about 'Barbados' where in the 2 contrasting versions we have the trolley dollies ready for 'take off' (and they do indeed take off ) vs the shivering in winter fur coats.

Also the long shot of Patti in Love Hangover fits the quieter intro to that song really well and at nearly a minute long, must surely be the longest of all.

Re: Favourite Intros

The Rubberband Man
The opening shot to "Don't Push It, Don't Force It", has a certain appeal  😝

Re: Favourite Intros

Yes TRBM, your choice gets my approval too.

Another intro i like is the `Theme From Jaws` as the viewer gets a good close-up view of each of the new dancers who make up the group. This is Flick's way of showcasing them and as an added bonus we even get to see similar close-ups at the conclusion of the routine.

Re: Favourite Intros

AC/PD
You must have thought long and hard over that choice, TRBM.

The opening shot from Talking In Your Sleep immediately sets the tone with the sight of a troubled, melancholic Gill. WE know it's to be a sombre occasion.

Re: Favourite Intros

Mikey
How Rude!

Re: Favourite Intros

PattiforPM
It's All Right Now but for Shock and Thrill value this one was hard to beat.  I still recall the moment in Beaumont Hall TV Room in Uni 1978;

Re: Favourite Intros

The slow intro build-up to one of the greatest routines ever. Pans People, very much in their pomp and looking super cool.
 `You're So Vain`.

Re: Favourite Intros

Mikey
And of course there is Supernature, was this the only routine with a separately filmed intro?

Re: Favourite Intros

More tongues in an intro

Re: Favourite Intros

Mikey wrote
And of course there is Supernature
I definitely like where that one ended up!
Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Doc
When Debbie Harry fades to reveal.....

Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Everything'sRosie
    A cute little rabbit kicks off the Jazz Carnival

Re: Favourite Intros

Doc
Rosie + Bunny Suit =
Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Doc
Probably the longest ever intro, 25 seconds, followed by the appearance of this top moment.
Thanks to PVL Ken for saving it.

Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Doc
Another lucky survivor, this time Diddy David's the one to thank.
Going In With My Eyes Open, going down the line.

Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Doc
Another intro guaranteed to grab your attention.

Still living in 1979

Re: Favourite Intros

Dancer
Mikey's two of Love Hangover and Barbados (Summer version) are excellent as is RBM's Leon Haywood's track.   I need to think of some but really all were beautiful in their own right.  For now I will go with the three that are already listed.  I do think the Love Hangover routine encouraged it up the chart as it was so erotic.

Re: Favourite Intros

Dancer
John Lennon's Imagine was a perfect introduction and made me buy the single.  Ruth's perfect ballet moves in the first verse is just beautiful and I am sure that was quite lengthy.  Legs & Co's You're Gonna Get Next to Me was really beautiful.  Pauline looked so lovely to start that intro off.

Re: Favourite Intros

                                                                   What's behind that curtain?

Tragedy.

Re: Favourite Intros

Who's That Hurll
                                               Just who is that svelte figure emerging from the mist?

             It's my Rosie and she's full of anguish and emotion. Find me the cad who's been messing with her heart!

One Day in Your Life.