Flick Colby's Zoo

HG

Flick Colby's Zoo

HG
Always wondered this but what did Zoo do outside TOTP's?

I asked my friend Alison this as she was in Zoo but she was not a full timer and only hired for two shows. She was in Foxy Feeling at the same time

Re: Flick Colby's Zoo

For dance troupes with a permanent fixed number of members like Pans People or Legs & Co, the well established way of earning more money (which lets face it was important to a dancer) was to perform in cabaret work organzied by the management of Pans/Legs. This would take place at weekends when they were free of the constraints of their main role which was obviously the TOTPs dance sequence they would perform to each week. That took up Monday to the filming which took place on a Wednesday.

For Zoo however it may have been different. During their time on TOTPs, they used over 70 different dancers. With no permanent set members, nor the fact they wouldn't have the same pulling power as all girl dance troupes that came before, cabaret work may not have been undertaken.

My best guess is that Flick Colby's Zoo were only used on TOTP's. Im guessing your friend was Alison Thomas. According to our listings she appeared 3 times. 21.01.1982, 04.03.1982, 20.05.1982.

The middle one of these (04.03.1982) was the excellent `Deutscher Girls`.

When you see Allison again could you ask her how each dancer in Zoo got selected for the routines. Did Flick contact them or visa versa.
RYAN
HG

Re: Flick Colby's Zoo

HG
Will do. Funny thing is she thought she only did the one show so she was surprised when I found another number she did and now you have found a third.