Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I've been thinking of including  Floyd, Philip & Gavin in the blogs label system. It seems only fair, since they were full members of Ruby Flipper, and Floyd went on to do a substantial number of guest appearances with Legs & Co.

In fact, I'm a little ashamed that I haven't been doing this from the start.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

PattiforPM
Good point YMG, never thought of this. They all deserve their dues

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Completely agree,`include the dudes`so to say. Old floyd would have a few labels stacked up.

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
Dear YMG,
As the person who started the 'Floyd done good' thread, I think it would be a great idea to recognise his and Phil and Gavin's dancing skills and (not insignificant) contributions to the success of Ruby Flipper, as seen in the Flipsters many routines on this blog, and in Floyd's case, his excellent routines with Legs and Co.
Let's try to be fair and decent on this one.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Suefan
Yes, why not include the dudes, although I'd draw the line with the three Flippsters.

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Just wondered would Floyd get any labels from his work with Hot gossip thats on here ??

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

JEZ
think floyds gonna win hands down

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
Well, there is also a spelling issue when we get to the Hot Gossip period: Floid rather than Floyd.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Why would that be. Is the name Floyd a BBC thing ? Is that not his real name ?

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
Hi Ryan,
well it was Floyd during the Ruby Flipper period on the TOTP credits and then Floid during the Hot Gossip period and I know he is still using the spelling 'Floid' today. I'll have to find out why he changed the spelling.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
Yes, his real name is Floid.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

What a strange way to spell Floyd. I thought it was a copywrite thing or something like that.

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
The difficulty with labelling the Hot Gossip videos  re Floyd/Floid is that the guys are often in the background (as you'd expect) and sometimes it is difficult to see who is who. Floid is in some of the HG clips on this blog, but some are from a period before he joined. A lot of the clips are not actually streamable like most of the clips on here. There is just a link which would take you to rapid share.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

 Yes thats why i posed the question to YMG earlier about Floyds work with Hot gossip. It will be rather a difficult job identifing him maybe in some of the Hot Gossip shoots. I will be interested to see how this one pans out.

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
It's a chicken and egg situation, Ryan. He is spelling it Floid these days (and at least since the HG period). Maybe he changed it from Floyd to make his name even more individual and distinctive, or perhaps it always was spelled Floid and the spelling was changed for TOTP.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

 Yeah i will go for the latter. I dont think the old crusties at the beeb could handle the name Floid.

I can help in identifying which of the HG streamable videos feature Floid, if YMG is having difficulties. There are only about three or four of these. (I'm not talking about the links to rapidshare.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
It's an interesting question. I 'll try to find out which way round it was.
Carl

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Maybe YMG got it sorted. Just my opinion that it might be a struggle. Could be he will ignore Floids work with HG just to simplfy things. As people know on the forum im a stickler for labels and see them rightly or wrongly as a status symbol. As Floid is the top dude its only right he gets full acreditation i suppose. Good luck YMG.

Re: Floyd, Philip & Gavin: Should have labels?

Floid Fan
At least we don't have this issue with Loo Loo.
Carl
12