Floyd done good

Floid Fan
I think Floyd should also get some recognition for contributing to the success of Ruby Flipper, on this forum. Any criticism is not deserved or justified.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

The boy done good Carl. But dude i somehow cant see you getting many positive replys on this thread. Why just Floyd though ? Surely Phil deserves just as much credit for RF as he was there as much as Floyd.

Re: Floyd done good

Patti'sdaughter
Carl I like Floyd in You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real.)
amy x

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Ryan,
I thought I'd start this thread, because I was a bit fed up looking at previous comments on Ruby Flipper videos which have made Floyd the butt of jokes, like he was getting in the way. Phil also made a good contribution to Ruby Flipper but, as I've stated before on here, Floyd was head and shoulders above Phil and Gavin in terms of dancing ability.
I do realise I won't get a lot of support on this point, as you say. But Ruby Flipper were all great as they worked together so well and made it look effortless.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
yes, he was good on that routine. I suppose he was allowed to do some different moves on that routine that we didn't see in Ruby Flipper.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Patti'sdaughter
I'm watching all the Ruby Flipper routine's on DVD.  I'm sorry but on some of the routine's you don't even notice Floyd.  Sorry.
amy x

Re: Floyd done good

You should be dancing. Come on Carl take away Floyd and the routine would be just perfect, well from a bloky sort of view. Dont think i made fun of him , well maybe. Think your a tad hard on Phil there, could you see Floyd tripping the light fantastic like Phil did with Lulu in `the Continental`. Not sure Gavin deserves much praise if he did wimp of like they say. Imagine hanging round all day with Sue,Patti ,Lulu and Cherry and not being able to hack it.

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Hey Amy,
it is true, what you say. The point I was making is that of the three guys in Ruby Flipper, Floyd to me, seems to be the most naturally gifted dancer. Obviously Gavin had difficulties and both Phil and Gavin to me would be more at home in a west end stage environment. I'm not even going to break impartiality and go into who was the best dancer of the Ruby Flipper girls and open up a can of worms and get all the flak by stating one was better than another. I'm already getting some flak for stating one opinion on this thread.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Actually Ryan,
I have to say that Phil did do a really good job dancing with Lulu in 'The Continental'.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Patti'sdaughter
Why?  If it's what you think.  Ryan is alway's doing it.  My niece and I are watching Ruby Flipper and I do think Floyd shine's and stand's out more than Philip.  They both do compared to Gavin.  I'm sorry but they do.
amy x

Re: Floyd done good

Hi Carl, Floyd did a very good job and I don't think any of the comments I've read on here have been meant as criticisms of his ability.  His contribution was an essential part of many of the best RF routines.  However, with three gorgeous girls vying for my attention, and often failing because of the appeal of the fourth; well, need I say more.

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
yep, that's my opinion. Of the Ruby Flipper guys, Floyd is the best dancer.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

I agree Floyd was the most versitile dancer but i do think that because Phil stayed from start to finish then he must get as much credit as Floyd.

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
I agree that Phil was pretty good, Ryan and I'm glad you agree that Floyd was the most versatile dancer of the three chaps,
Perhaps we can see that in the fact Floyd was invited back several times to perform with Legs and Co, despite the previous best efforts of racist Cotton, and he later went on to take a role in that high profile group of 'naughty bit' fame Hot Gossip.
Now we have clarified who was the best of the male dancers in RF, the question should be who was the best of the girls. I couldn't possibly comment (as someone once said). I 'd hate to be ripped apart!!
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Happy to hear you recognise Floyd's contribution to Ruby Flipper Suefan! And it is quite understandable that your priorities were elsewhere!!!!!
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Hold on there Carl i didnt agree Floyd was the best only the most versitile. Only kidding, i suppose he was. Bit Naughty using words like racist on here Carl, you cant be sued as the old duffers dead. I know what you mean though about Cotton, very much old school. Talk about opening a can of worms regarding the female dancers. Im sure this has been discussed before about what 1000 times, and we are never going to agree.

Re: Floyd done good

PattiforPM
You're right Ryan we will never all agree but I think it's quite courageous of you to Thread this one Carl.  I actually do think Floyd was the best male dancer in RF too but can't help my preference for all female troupes sorry.  Having said that his performance opposite Patti in "Lonely Boy" is as near to perfect as I can imagine

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
I agree with your description of the 'Lonely Boy' routine, Patti4PM. That is just a great routine in so many ways. The song is  a fantastic song to begin with (Andrew Gold, great songwriter),  as YMG has pointed out, Flick Colby avoids an over-literal interpretation and the dance moves are magic, even 'moving' in a non-literal sense, both Patti and Floyd put in 100% and there is really sterling support from the other girls and the set design and costumes all gel.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Ryan,
actually, I've noticed you had posted a comment on the 'Lonely Boy' video, which is actually very complimentary about both Patti and Floyd. That was nice of you.
Carl

Re: Floyd done good

Floid Fan
Amy,
You are totally correct. Watching some of the Ruby Flipper videos you just don't even notice Floyd. This is particularly true in The Wanderer and Misty Blue, lol.
Carl
1234