Quantcast

Forum favourite Legs & Co routines from 1976-1981.

Forum favourite Legs & Co routines from 1976-1981.

The list below shows our favourite routines as voted for by the forum. The choices were arrived at by voting on the 12 monthly winners plus the 3 best runners-up in an end of year poll.
Year First Second Third
1976 Maid In Heaven Rock'n'Me Dancing Queen
1977 Loves Unkind Suspicion Silver Lady (4 dancers)
1978 Supernature Dancing In The City (equal 2nd) Night Fever (equal 2nd)
1979 Heart Of Glass Sunday Girl Them Heavy People
1980 Don't Push It Don't Force It Green Onions Its Still Rock n Roll To Me/Lets Go Round Again
1981 Ai No Corrida Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart) Stars On 45 V2/Hooked On Classics

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

BeautifulBabs
Hi Ryan- is this a legs only thread- I think 1976 is going to be v hard with 3 troupes to assess and Pans at there... dare I say it fag end of their careers.
I would second your loves unkind 1st choice for 1977.

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

No this is Legs & Co only. This whole thing is based on forum votes for Legs & Co on the TOTPs re-runs. Surely you have joined in with some of those votes this past couple of years ???

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Andeebee
Its gonna be tight for 78. But I predict too much heaven and poss. Supernature or dancing in the city or you don't bring me Flowers will be a tight second

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Well one problem with that Andee is that `To Much Heaven` and `You Don't Bring Me Flowers` are both in the same month, so only one of them is assured a place in the yearly vote. Only 3 second placed dances will be allowed in the yearly vote, making a total of 15 for selection. Those three dances will be the ones that have secured the most second placed votes. I agree though that both of those routines are worthy contenders.

If folk want to view how the board looks now, please click on this link.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/1978-monthly-winners-board-tp4013419.html

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

PattiForPM
I'm not sure but Too Much Heaven might not be the gargantuan hit you're thinking.  It's certainly good but solidly outside my Bee Gees and Legs top three and without giving anything away there are some minor issues with it in my book

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Andeebee
Will have to wait till December for the little niggles from P4PM on the Too Much Heaven routine, for me it will get a 10 (and one routine I have worked and reworked for the channel)

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

St Peter wasn't a big fan of pillbox hats!

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

List updated. The next time will be January 2014, when we have the big vote off for our favourite 15 routines from 1978. This will consist of the 12 monthly winners from our monthly forum votes, plus the top three 2nd places also.

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

The grand winners board is now updated. I think we can safely say a worthy winner for 1978.

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Old Bill
Good work Ryan. A worthy winner indeed.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

1979 now entered.

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Gorgeous Daze
Exactly the same as the current 1-2-3 in the 79 ratings table. Can't get much fairer than that.

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

PattiForPM
My Prediction:  1980's results will be deep purple in colour

Re: Forum favourite routines from 1976-1981.

Mikey
Yellow surely