GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Suefan
As four of the original Legs girls now has her own thread it seems right that the other two ladies should receive a similar accolade so I'm kicking this one off for Gill, Legs Miss UK finalist.

As none of her comments were chosen for inclusion in that documentary, nor in the bit of the Tiswas hi-jinks on the blog, she remains something of a mystery.  Is she shy or just reserved?  I don't know, but I do know she is an absolute corker.  I also like that reserved, at times restrained, quality she brought to the group, not alway best suited to some of the more frantic stuff but perfect for emotional songs like Baby Stop Crying and Please Dont Go.  Her glance at Tarrant is one of my all time favourite moments as well.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Patti'sdaughter
I really love Gill and love her sense of humour and shyness too.  She is always someone you can count on.  I think she is very pretty, warm, kind and caring person.  I love her facial expressions in Knock On Wood and the shyness in Got To Give It Up.  I also love her hair and how she suites it.
amy x

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

PattiforPM
I agree with you guys and would say that Gill has a huge range of emotions on screen.  Sometimes she is quite reserved but when she plays the vamp a bit (like my favourite reference "Supernature" or "Alright Now")  she's an absolute corker.  She can certainly play comedy as in "YMCA" and SueFan's Tiswas moment (I wonder if Tarrant chose her to sit closest to him?).  Without drawing too much attention to this she has a couple of classic, presumably accidental, garment malfunctions to our advantage in "Spirits Having Flown" and "Shake Your Body" which are definite jaw-droppers and would be popular on many scurrilous websites inadvertently discovered by using the search term "bottom."    Not that any self-respecting Canadian would ever utter such a word (we use "tush" or, oddly, "fanny").  Anyway I seem to be spending too much time on this inexplicably so I'll move on quickly to Gill's Hair and its many iterations (second only to Patti I think) and lastly her award from myself for "Most Improved Dancer" as I think she really developed into a fine member of the troupe over the tenure of Legs & Co.  Yes she is one of my faves

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

  They say watch out for the quiet ones.

  Well you lot seem to have this one covered. I get frustrated by the fact i`ve known about this woman for 35 years and never heard a single sound from her voice She must of said something on the totp doc, i bet the clowns just edited it out. She could`nt be that shy in real live surely.
    What great hair though, the best in L&co for me. Fav hair moment, swishing those long slighty curly locks in`I feel love` at 2.26. Yeah i do like that. Love the way she changes facial expessions in `Got to give it up`from dead pan to big smile at 0.18. I thought she won the ladies undergarment contest on `funkin for jamaica` and the schoolgirl gig on `All right now`.
   Gill never seemed a big player in our troupe unlike the big guns Patti/Sue, but for me the most naturally prettiest. Gills always been my 2nd favourite, i bet shes lovely in real life.

  Miss clark, one of our magnificent six, i salute you.  (just leaves Pauline now).

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

'Garment malfunctions', I love it.  A classy phrase from a classy guy.  Don't forget Funkytown.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

PattiforPM
I have to fess up SueFan, I do like to use this phrase "garment malfunction" but can't take too much credit cos, as you may know, it was coined in response to the Janet Jackson/Justin TImberlake boob-exposure crisis in Superbowl 38 half time show.  Conscience clear and now I'll keep using it but thanks for your comments and now I'll go looking at other Gill performances for some other examples......what a tough job this is

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Kace
gills dress came undone at a private funtion outside totps when was in l&c. another one is silver lady danced by aunt patti, gill, pauline and sue.
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Suefan
Anyone else noticed the rather sloppy editing of the Funkytown vt, and I'm not referring to another of Gill's 'garment malfuctions'.  After Kacey posted that little extra I've been trying to find a better copy of the number and just spotted that, amongst her many other attributes, Sue also appears to be a magician as well.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

PattiforPM
You're pretty sharp SueFan, but now I see the section you're talking about.  Sue can apparently not only melt hearts but also transform toys.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Suefan
Yes, but I only spotted it when studying a couple of copies I'd found..... I always said she was out of this world !
Surprising that the editor didn't consider Gill's somewhat vulnerable position either.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Andy
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

  Thats cool Andy. Which minder did she appear in, i will check that one out, as ive got em all, being she is the only L&co girl i havent heard speak lol. THe chocystuff is on here dude, in a seperate posting.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Kace
Hi andy, we sent that chocolate vid to ymg and was posted just after xmas. welcome. kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Kace
is the sweeney with inspector morse man in. dont know his name. kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

  Back in 10 minutes im checkin that minder out

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

WOW. top stuff Andy. Just checked it out the episode its called`all about scoring innet`. There Gill Clark is in all her gorgeous beauty. Thanx for tipping us of on that one mate.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED

  Waterman should have been flanned good and proper, he appeared with some dead fit women in Minder. My favorite was Candy Davis, red hot that girl.

Re: GILL - the quiet Legs girl

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.