Gdub

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40 years SPOTTED, a possible competition.

I quite enjoy contributing to the 40th Anniversary thread, so much so that im rather proud of the fact that ive made comments on every routine that you have offered up, Pans, Ruby & Legs. My only `gripe` as you so elegantly put it is the fact that on a thread in which we are being asked to spot things, you yourself as host leave the field short for others when you list half a dozen spotted of your own like on the current routine. Surely you can see that this isn't really conducive to the rest of the 5 or 6 regulars to the thread.

As for your idea of turning the thing into a possible completion. Well the thread in its current state isn't broken, so why the need to try to fix it with your competition idea.

You asked for opinions and its a thumbs down from me. I say carry on as we are, with my only caveat being that you limit your contributions to each section to one only. This should also apply to everyone else as well. Anyway, thats what i think.

Re: 40 years SPOTTED, a possible competition.

I really enjoy contributing to the 40th Anniversary thread, and I think it's a creative way to revisit and re-appraise the L&C dance sequences. I hope it continues all the way to the 29th October 1981 anniversary.

Doc wrote
There have been some gripes that I manage to find most of the unusual things in the dances.
To give people a chance I’m suggesting making it a competition.
On your first comment above about "gripes", you say you manage to find most of the unusual things in dances. As the OP in each thread, you get first opportunity to list the unusual things. It does not necessarily follow that it's just you finding the unusual things but more it's you listing them before others get a chance.

On your second comment, I'm not averse to making the thread into a competition, and I can see where you're coming from with that. However, to gain more inclusion from others, you may want to consider limiting the number of "Spotteds" to either one or two per post, and nobody is allowed to make another "Spotted" post until someone else has made a post or a period of time has passed.

I hope this helps with your thoughts Doc.
All bound for Lulu Land