Gill appearing at a 1976 beauty pageant in Eastbourne

Gill appearing at a 1976 beauty pageant in Eastbourne

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New chat thread 16

Dunno if this has been discussed on here before, but is this Gill ? As we all know she was doing the beauty contest circuit back in the summer of 1976, so it could very well be. Click the YouTube link below and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OaG2QMYEI&t=1s

Re: New chat thread 16

Gorgeous Daze
I think Yes.

Good to see scenes from that idyllic summer too.

Re: New chat thread 16

Everything'sRosie
Hey, great spot. I would say definitely yes.

 I could just fall into that video.

Re: New chat thread 16

I think you are spot on Ryan. That was Gill indeed, that probably was a round to get in Miss Great Britain.

Re: New chat thread 16

PattiforPM
I'm a yes too.  Good find Ryan

Re: New chat thread 16

AC/PD
That's her.

Re: New chat thread 16

Legsfan
I think it is Gill.

Re: New chat thread 16

The Rubberband Man
You watch some amazing videos Ryan. Deffo it is Gill and a very good spot.

Re: Gill appearing at a 1976 beauty pagent in Eastbourne.

I wonder if Gill knows about this video? It was shown back in January 1977, so not an isolated clip.

Re: New chat thread 16

Sue Menhenick
As requested by Ryan, I can confirm that the brief clip does feature Gill participating on a Beauty Pagaent, although this was before she auditioned for Legs and Co.
    And as far as I am aware, Gill has seen this clip before.

Re: New chat thread 16

Thanks Sue. Bit of a shame Gill was number 4 and not contestant number 1, 2 or 3 as the camera lingered on them for a couple of seconds before moving down the line.

So i take Gill won the contest and became Miss Eastbourne 1976. Some newer fans may not realise that Gill came second in the 1976 Miss Great Britain final losing out to Miss Morecambe, Dinah May who went on to have a modelling career, an actress and also became PA to the late Michael Winner.

I guess if Gill had won she wouldn't have bothered with the TOTPs dancer auditions. Their loss, our gain.
RYAN