Girls of The 60s

Re: Girls of The 60s

Mikey
Michael wrote
One of  my myriad interests is ladies’ fashion from the first seven decades of the last century. One of my favourite fashion houses of the Sixties and Seventies is Biba. Here’s one of their regular models, Ingrid Boulting, wearing a dress typical of Biba’s late Sixties style.
Funny you should mention Biba, i have posted a few pics of Dee Dee and Flick at Biba before in the Beat Girls section since Dee Dee worked there in early 1966 before joining the Beat Girls, and earlier i found these colour photos that looks like Dee Dee in the pink top and the date is 21-3-1966

I also quite like the old street scene footage, this one from 1967 even shows Biba and is some of the best quality picture ive seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zk0eyKzp1c

Re: Girls of The 60s

Everything'sRosie
I thought I'd break down our list into nationalities. Obviously there is a cultural bias to the UK, and to an extent the USA too, but there is still a wide range of countries represented. Names in order that they appeared within national categories.

UK (56)

Jane Birkin
Twiggy
Cilla Black
Diana Rigg
Gillian Hills
Susan Broderick
Charlotte Rampling
Wendy Padbury
Pattie Boyd
Dorothy Tutin
Hayley Mills
Veronica Carlson
Madeline Smith
Deborah Watling
Sandie Shaw
Jean Shrimpton
Mary Quant
Dusty Springfield
Eunice Grayson
Susan George
Audrey Hepburn
Carol White
Ann Nightingale
Vanessa Redgrave
Mary Hopkin
Kiki Dee
Wendy Richard
Billie Davis
Anne Briggs
Sandy Denny
Honor Blackman
Julie Driscoll
Fenella Fielding
Liz Fraser
Jane Asher
Linda Keith
Angela Douglas
Suzan Farmer
Barbara Windsor
Samantha Juste
Jill Ireland
Cathy McGowan
Shirley Eaton
Carol Friday
Shirley Bassey
Hilary Dwyer
Zena Marshall
Julie Christie
Angela Scouler
Leila Williams
Lulu
Sue Lloyd
Joanna Lumley
Clodagh Rodgers
Marianne Faithful
Millicent Martin

USA (19)

Cher
Barbra Streisand
Bobbie Gentry
Faye Dunaway
Julie Newmar
Jane Fonda
Goldie Hawn
Julie Felix
PP Arnold
Nichelle Nichols
Raquel Welch
Janis Joplin
Carol Lynley
Sharon Tate
Diana Ross
Nancy Sinatra
Grace Lee Whitney
Michelle Phillips
Madeline Bell

France (7)

Nike Arrighi
Brigitte Bardot
Amanda Lear
Claudine Auger
Francoise Madeline Hardy
Daniele Gaubert
Catherine Deneuve

Italy (4)

Daniela Bianchi
Claudia Cardinale
Luciana Paluzzi
Sophia Loren

Germany (3)

Barbara Buchet
Karin Dor
Nico

Austria (2)

Susan Denberg
Marisa Mell

Canada (2)

Linda Thorson
Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sweden (2)

Brit Ekland
Ann Margaret

Australia (1)

Annette Andre

Israel (1)

Esther Ofharim

Norway (1)

Julie Ege

Poland (1)

Ingrid Pitt

South Africa (1)

Ingrid Boulting

Switzerland (1)

Ursula Andress

Unknown (1)

Biba Girl

Madelaine Bell

mojo2007
First saw her in chorus of Black Nativity 1963, with Blue Mink later, a musical in  Bristol and duet with Annie Ross in London. Got an e-mail from her a few years ago, only e-mail from Dee Dee ranks higher.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Re: Girls of The 60s

Michael
I'll look forward to this, Mikey!

Superb photo of Madonna, by the way. Teenage me had a poster similar to this on my bedroom wall.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Michael
Thank you for sharing the above photos of (it's got to be) Dee Dee working at Biba, Mikey. I recently came across another of Biba staff wheeling a clothesrail along a road. One of said staff looks very much like Dee Dee. I'll upload it at some point.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Mikey
Yes, it is Dee Dee at Biba, i've posted a better copy (without a watermark) in the Dee Dee pictures section

I think i know the other photo you are referring to it could be the one here, i.e Biba moving day

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/The-Beat-Girls-tp3027945p4129026.html

And another one of Dee Dee at Biba (and also Flick)

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/The-Beat-Girls-tp3027945p4154753.html

Re: Girls of The 60s

Caracalla
I think the girl outside Biba that Mike posted may be Joanna Lumley.

Re: Girls of The 60s

  I am very much looking forward to the girls of the 80s as well. I am doing night work so will have time to post up on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. I have a number of ideas which I hope are not too obvious. One of those I am considering has a Royal connection, but is not Sarah Ferguson- god bless her! And I will not be posting up Margaret Thatcher or Shirley Williams either!
Nor will I post Madonna or any very well known 80s pop stars,  but a few not so remembered might make my list.
And I am thinking about going global too!

Re: Girls of The 60s

Everything'sRosie
My preparatory work is well under way. After my time of interest really, and at first I considered there would be slim pickings, but not so. Looking forward to seeing some long forgotten faces from the 80s.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Mikey
I had a thought to scrap the 'no repeats' rule, so you will be able to post pictures of the same person already posted, just not the same picture and this will still only be counted as one.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Hanway2
 Mikey, when is the Girls of the 80s  romp starting? It is almost Saturday 19th and I want to get started.

Re: Girls of The 60s

Mikey
Sorry Hanway, i did didnt realised there was demand to start a bit earlier. You reminded me of my clubbing days where my mates used to joke we were always "first in the queue" and would arrive to an empty venue