Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Mikey
Here is a chance to post images of some of your favourite Album and Single covers, whether the images are glamorous or surreal, somewhere in between or if its just a record you particularly like. You can also post a comment about it if you wish. The target is a 100, but we can of course go beyond that. It will be interesting to see what people go for.

The rules are as follows:

1. 1 pic per person at a time, you can post again after someone else or after 30 minutes if it goes quiet.
2. Multiple pics of the same record are ok as long as the cover is different (i.e a different image, not just a different layout)
3. This will end at midnight on Sunday

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Mikey
I don't have a large vinyl collection, mostly CDs, but this is the oldest one i have, Speak & Spell, the debut album from Depeche Mode in 1981

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

VintageVideos
I'll kick things off with Pan's People supporting Mike McGear for "Dance The Do", a unique sleeve only used for the Spanish single cover:

You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTHY BABY- album, and single, by McGuinness Flint. For obvious reasons.
  To be sung lustily every 13th July. So this year at Derby!!

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

VintageVideos
This is the cover of the Swedish single, lots of detectives and lieutenants from the glorious seventies

You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

The Rubberband Man
Nobody's record collection is complete without this by Pink Floyd  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

VintageVideos
Most people think their record collection is complete without this gem by the Climax Blues Band:

Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

The Rubberband Man
The last album I played  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

VintageVideos
Great one RBM and my fave Jam album (especially "Side 1").

Here's the first picture of the lovely Twiggy, a single released in Japan in 1966. Not sure what she smoked that day

Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

No record collection is complete without it. The legendary "Blue Album" cover which got the boys to re-create their Please Please Me poses to represent their later work. Inspired.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

  A young lady surrounded by some strange creatures, including Ewan and Peggy. And just where is that flying thing going? To be revealed later.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Everything'sRosie
The third Kate Bush album, Never For Ever. No mistaking the source of her imagination. Ahem.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Probably my most played piece of vinyl  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

AC/PD
Don't you know it's gonna be (shoo-be-doo-wop) all white

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

   The other strange creatures have remained in their positions, but the flying thing has found a willing target.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Who doesn't remember The Partridge Family Feat. Susan Dey!?

You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Probably my most played 12' single - the most expensive single cover of all time  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

It'll never catch on.