Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Michael
Another great favourite. Always reminds me of my dear departed dad...

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Arlo

Perhaps Wild Cherry was inspired by the Steely Dan cover.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

   TRADER HORNE with Jackie McAuley ex. Them and Judy Dyble ex. Fairport Convention. And a very good album it is too.
  ( Couldn't think what else to post. So this is my last ).

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Thanks to everyone who took part in this, a marvelous effort!

The last one from me is also the last record Pan's People ever danced to, I wonder if Flick took inspiration from the cover?

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Michael
A very good point, Arlo!

______

Last one from me. A great, fun album with an equally fun cover.

Thank you very much for hosting this rather wonderful thread, Mikey; I have really enjoyed it.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Mikey
Thanks Michael, glad you enjoyed it, i think this may have to be my last pic challange, don't think i can top that, we shot through the 100 some time ago.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2
Great stuff Mikey. I have enjoyed posting up these album and single covers. I blew my intended amount a long time ago. And have no idea how many I posted.
And, as ever, I am sure tomorrow and the next day, I will think of many more I would have wanted to upload, if I remembered them.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

VintageVideos wrote
Hanway2 wrote
  And to answer the question. No, I haven't heard of An Rinn before.
They are a German band playing international folk music. Their bass player used to be a schoolmate of mine.
Does your bass playing schoolmate not come from County Waterford then?
Thanks for the information, Vin.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Yes, thanks Hanway, i think you beat me on about 80% of those, although i was never into the folky end of things. As usual I dont mind if you want to add a few more pics down the line.

I thought you might like this lovely performance of Shamarack by Mary Hopkin in 1974, its facinating some of the things that turn up on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTjm_5XkenQ

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2
Thanks Mikey. I had never intended to reveal my folkie leanings when I joined this site, as it did not seem relevant. But challenges like yesterday made it unavoidable. There’s are some strange and provocative album covers in that field, and many that are none of those things. I might post a few more up when I feel the need to share.
 I am certain I can remember Mary Hopkin winning Opportunity Knocks way back when. I must have been about 7 or 8. She always had a lovely voice, and did a great version of Pete Seeger’s Turn, Turn, Turn’.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

PattiforPM
Mary 's ok H2 but she's up against Judith Durham in the Turn Turn Turn stakes and not many people win that duel

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2
An Australian versus Welsh battle- just like the Rugby. Bring it on, P4PM.

 Perhaps we can get Mary and Judith to mud-wrestle to find out who did the better version of 'Turn, Turn, Turn'?

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

PattiforPM
If it's mud wrestling I want Tina Charles in there too (sorry Mikey for derailing your wonderful Thread here!)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2
If Tina gets involved, I would pay good money to see all three!

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

  Earlier on in this thread I posted a picture of Carole Pegg from husband and wife team Mr. Fox. This is a true likeness of former hubby Bob- I think we can see why they separated.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

JEZ
My favourite album covers ,when I was growing up in the 70s

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Arlo
From the interesting second career file, he is now on the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University.  The only reason I know this is that my daughter attends Hopkins, and it was the subject of a mass email to university stakeholders.

https://peabody.jhu.edu/faculty/thomas-dolby/

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Thats scarily grim there Hanway. Better redress the balance with some Suzi.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Dolly
Prince-Around the world 🌎 in Seven days.
Great Album, Great Artist.