Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

PattiforPM
Sorry Mikey but I don't think I'm beating anyone to this one.  Are they good or just weird?  Philosophy of the World by The Shaggs

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Yes, that's also #1. It's a tie

Best concept album  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

PattiforPM
Rotten Fruit Shields up; Born in the USA

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

  For a Scottish band like 5 Hand Reel, you might think they were leaving a pub in Edinburgh or somewhere else north of the border. But this is the Newman Arms, in London- about 3 minutes walk from where I lived at the time. I propped up the bar there often enough.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Michael
Though virtually unheard of outside their native Peru, Los Wanka's are a very successful and popular band.

To mark their 20th anniversary, they are going to be releasing a definitive career-spanning box set, the working title of which is:

Los Complete Wanka's

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

  Picture taken from a tapestry made in Flanders in the Middle Ages.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Michael
PattiforPM wrote
Rotten Fruit Shields up; Born in the USA
No rotten fruit will be flung from my direction, PattiforPM; I'm a big fan of The Boss.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Michael
John Renbourn: what a great musician

Really enjoying your choices, Hanway2  👍

  Thanks Michael.
 Thanks also for bringing in my wife's fellow countrymen!!

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2
  Somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales, you may find;-

    MR. FOX by the band Mr. Fox.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

On my bedroom wall when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. Simply iconic.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

  A bunch of 'Hairies' signed to the Island Label- some quite famous.

 And yours for 14/6 once upon a time!

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Must say you have posted a very intriguing collection of albums Hanway2!

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Best album of the 90s? Screamadelica  :-

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

  Thanks GD- and I still have loads more I want to post.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

  Somewhere else in the Yorkshire Dales, you may also find The Gipsy.

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Everything'sRosie
     With a kiss I'd pass the key...

Re: Great Album and Single covers (or just ones you really like)

Hanway2

  If you go down to Mapledurham Mill, you too may find BLACK SABBATH.
1234567 ... 14