HLPRF...Montage for Flick ? (Old Thread)

HLPRF...Montage for Flick ? (Old Thread)

Susie
This post was updated on .
Hi HLPRF, having admired all your clever work on the various girls montages, is it possible that if you get time and feel so inclined as to maybe do one for Flick Colby ? Perhaps using the Bridge over troubled water track as the actual routine no longer exists.....but obviously its up you !! Also if YMG agrees,it could be added to the the dance routine blog along with the top thirty tribute that everyone has contributed to. I cant think of a nicer way to remember one very special and talented person .....what do you and others think ?      Susie.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

PattiForPM
Hi Susie.  I think this is a brilliant notion and HLPR is just the artist to do it.  I vote AYE

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Suefan
And this notion also gets my vote if HLPR is on for the task.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Yes can i also endorse this fine idea, it would be a fine tribute and i hope HLPR will be on the case.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
Had already considered this and will try to come up with something
over the next week or so. Am actively involved in tutoring young people
for GCSE and GCE exams in Maths at present and those with teenage kids
will know we are in exam season....!

13 hour day yesterday and a number more this week but fear not !...
There will be a tribute which will be judged appropriate or otherwise
by the gathered masses !

Ideas on suitable sequences would be helpful as I might miss an obvious
piece of footage which merits inclusion...

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Susie
   Thank you HLPRF for accepting the task of Flicks montage. With all the wealth of dance footage and maybe in the absence of sufficient material featuring Flick herself...maybe a combination of the lady and also the various routines that have been suggested on the tribute top thirty  could be in corporated....what do you think ? Ultimately the magic you create will be up to you. I understand how busy you no doubt are...I have 2 of my 3 offspring doing exams as we speak,so I hope all the last minute revision is going to pay off !!!!   Thanks for doing this !    Susie.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Just a couple of requests from me HPLR assuming we're going for variety: Please include a bit of "Jeepster" if possible and also some of Sue's last dance to "I'll Find My Way Home" if others agree  (probably not back to back!!!)

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

JEZ
Yes there is a particular good shot at one point of both flick and dee dee who seem to be having a little bit of a laugh whilst performing jeepster ,so flicks apperance on the jeepster routine included would be good , pheraps i am biased as you know i dont think there could be a better song to go with the clips than bridge over troubled water ,but thats just my opinion ill leave it up to you as you are the one who is kind enough to put it together for us ,

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

katy miss queenie
I could not agree more i have already asked for a Flick Colby montage and i am so pleased that others want this to. A final tribute.The bridge over troubled water routine does not exist? what a pity as Babs Powel was talking about this routine on Last Word BBC radio 4 last week

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
Just to say that the tribute is now about half done. Further ideas on inclusions are
always welcome. The completed project should be with you in a few days.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
I plan to post the tribute on the day of Flick's funeral
on 17th June (Friday)....

hopefully YouTube will not make a big deal out of clips
of music that are copyrighted. I have used clipped images
from pictures posted on this blog so could anyone who has
posted pictures who would rather I not use them please...
in the words of Taylor Swift.....Speak Now !

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Dave
  Congratulations HLPRF for rising to this challenge...Im sure that everyone is very grateful to you for doing this A. For Flick and B for the blog.....well done.....    Dave

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
The Flick tribute has been uploaded at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bQgLxoykkU

It was quite emotional putting it together....

Thanks for the memories Flick !

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Dave
     Hi HLPRF.... I cannot believe it.....your montage tributee has been blocked by those wretched copyright police idiots !! It is so annoying and no doubt more so for you after all the time and effort you have put in. Would really like to have seen your finished piece of creation. Its meant as a tribute to a talented lady who helped make some of these songs and images so memorable and as she is no longer with us, you would think they would be a little more thoughtful over this.   Really fed up with their decision on this as Im sure you are........Dave

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
I managed to get a play before the curtain came down !

The next action is to send the video direct to YMG using his link
and he might be able to host it somewhere other than YouTube.

Meanwhile I shall upload the video to Megaupload and leave the
link here so those who wish to can download and view for themselves.

Watch this space !

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Dave
  Lets hope YMG can help out on this HLPRF....everyone is really keen to see this montage you have done especially as all your previous montage selections have been fantastic......so heres hoping ! In the meantime I salute you sir on your efforts and talent !      Dave

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby

The YouTube link seems to be working for me though maybe
because I'm the uploader....

Below is a link to the file in mpg format (380MB)
if anyone wants to download and view....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O3EOEXCS
Password: FC

A word of thanks if you do download would be appreciated...

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

PattiForPM
This is very good indeed HLPR.  Thanks so much for making this tribute.  You must have invested a lot of time in this and it is a fitting overview of the First Lady of Dance of her era.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

Suefan
Thank you HLPR, very fitting.

Re: HLPRF...Montage for Flick ?

HotLegsPansRuby
The You Tube clip was blocked by EMI for your information
for use of "Bridge...". SME also noted use of their material
but were prepared to put an advert to their store....

Hope that makes it clear who the baddies were.....

Given EMI's power (The Evil Empire and all that !) it
might be difficult to find an alternative host so I may consider
replacing the "Bridge,,,," part of the soundtrack with an
alternative over the weekend and see if that gets it onto
YouTube...
12