HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

Floid Fan
This post was updated on .
HOT GOSSIP TV Performances:

The Kenny Everett Video Show (ITV)
Series 1
3rd July 1978 ‘Supernature’ ( Cerrone) studio version
10th July 1978 ‘Floyd’s Theme (Natural Juice)
17th July 1978 ‘If My Friends Could See Me Now’ (Linda Clifford)
24th July 1978 ‘Walk on the Wild Side’ ( Lou Reed)
31st July 1978 ‘Honky Tonk Women’ (The Rolling Stones)
7th Aug 1978 ‘Theme from Shaft’ (Isaac Hayes)
14th Aug 1978 ‘Supernature’ (Cerrone) location/studio version.
21st Aug 1978 ‘Stuff Like That’ (Quincy Jones)

Series 2*
1st Jan 1979 ‘Ease on Down the Road’ (The Jacksons)
19th Feb 1979 ‘I Feel Love’ (Donna Summer)
26th Feb 1979 ‘Hot Child in the City’ (Nick Guilder)
5th March 1979 ‘Contact’ (Edwin Starr)
12th March 1979 ‘Oh Happy Day’ (Roberta Kelly)
19th March 1979 ‘Alright Now’ (Free)
26th March 1979 ‘Le Freak’ (Chic)
2nd April 1979 ‘The Eve of the War’ (Jeff Wayne)
9th April 1979 ‘The No. 1 Song in Heaven’ (Sparks)
23rd April 1979 ‘Satisfaction’ (The Rolling Stones)
30th April 1979 ‘Supernature (Cerrone) repeat of location/studio version.

* Series Two does not feature Floid Pearce

Special: 31st Dec 1979 ‘Sleazy’ (The Village People) and 'Brown Sugar' (The Rolling Stones)

Series 3
18th Feb 1980 ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ (Linda Clifford)
25th Feb 1980 ‘Another Brick in the Wall’ (Pink Floyd)
3rd March 1980 ‘The Hardest Part’ (Blondie)
10th March 1980 ‘Working Day and Night’ (Michael Jackson)
17th March 1980 ‘Baby Talks Dirty’ (The Knack)
24th March 1980 ‘Street Life’ (Randy Crawford)
31st March 980 ‘Money’ (The Flying Lizards)
14th April 1980 ‘Rebel, Rebel’ (David Bowie)

Special: 31st Dec 1980 ‘All Stood Still (Ultravox)

Series 4
16th April 1981 ‘Making Love on the Phone’ (Suzanne Fellini)
23rd April 1981 ‘Musclebound’ (Spandau Ballet)
30th April 1981 ‘Tell Everybody’ (Herbie Hancock)
7th May 1981 ‘Press Darlings’ (Adam and the Ants)
14th May 1981 ‘All Stood Still’ (Ultravox)
21st May 1981 ‘Houses in Motion’ (Talking Heads)

The Kenny Everett Television Show BBC
Series 6
16th Oct 1986 ‘Purple Rain’ (Prince)
23rd Oct 1986 ‘Freezing’ (Philip Glass and Linda Ronstadt)
30th Oct 1986 ‘Masquerade’ (Berlin)
6th Nov 1986 ‘Obscene Phone Caller’ (Rockwell)
13th Nov 1986 'Girls and Boys' (Prince)
20th Nov 1986 ‘Animals’ (Vanity)
27th Nov 1986 ‘Control’ (Janet Jackson)
4th Dec 1986 ‘Naughty Naughty’ (John Parr)
Carl

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

PattiForPM
Good for you FF, adding Hot Gossip to our menu of TV dancers catalogued here

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

mishmash
I remember on the opening night of C4 there was a Hot Gossip special....its was like a live show and was on for an hour? pretty sure it was on that channels very first night

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

Floid Fan
Cheers Patti4Pm.
Yes Mishmash,
I've found out there was a Hot Gossip special called the 'Very Hot Gossip Show' from 1982, but have no listing for what songs were on it. Maybe someone else knows? If I turn up any more HG TV routines I will list them.
Of course, they did a live stage show in 1983, the year after the 'Very Hot Gossip Show'. I have posted a couple of links to this on you tube previously. Maybe I should list these routines too.
Carl

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I'm pretty sure they had a regular spot on a Wednesday night ITV Variety show in 1979 or 1980. Memories are hazy put I think Tom O'Connor might have been the host.

Does this jog anyone else's memory?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

JEZ
yes im sure they were on something like wednesday at 8 with tom o connor or starburst ,ymg is correct

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

JEZ
i think the show was called London night out with tom o connor not wednesday at 8 ,arlenes Hot Gossip also appeared i think on the bbc david essex shocase in 1977 i think the year was

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

SuPaLu
Hot Gossip danced to Happy House on The Tom O'Connor Show in 1980.The clip exists somewhere as Perri Lister linked it to her Facebook page,but now it's gone.

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

Hot Gossip appeared in series 4 of the BBC's The Kenny Everett Television Show.
Jane Colthorpe(Newman) was one of the so-called 'sexy girls' together with Cleo Rocos among others in the 28.12.82 show,and in every show of series 2.
Corinne Russell of Zoo and Hill's Angels in 1983 was a 'sexy girl' in every show of series 3.

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

yearsofgold
Hot Gossip also appeared performing and dancing to 'Circus Of Death' on something like 'The Oxford Road Show' on BBC2 around Nov/Dec 1981.

Re: HOT GOSSIP TV PERFORMANCES

Mikey
Not sure if this the right place, but hey ho.

Supulu, have you seen this Flymo ad before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aiiV_xUJU

Also I'm assuming you've seen Perri in The Chauffer, but there is no mention of it i could find.