Half way point.

Heres a nice heart warming thought. I was wondering just how close we are to the half way point in Legs & Co's tenure of the TOTPs re-runs on BBC4. Well most of you know i like to mess around with numbers, so here are some for you.

Total days Legs & Co were active on TOTPs--1,833 days.

Half way point in that tenure is April 26th 1979.

So we are nearly 7 months away from that, so its still happy days for us.

So the nearest show to that date was infact on the 26th of April.

A what a excellent routine it was, The Bee Gees `Love You Inside Out`.

Re: Half way point.

PattiforPM
Yes I too find this very reassuring as the ongoing weekly reviews are great fun and there's clearly lots of great Dances to go yet.  Life is good but it does spur me on to email the Beeb about the BBC4 repeats ASAP...

Re: Half way point.

My swingometer for 1979 right now is swinging towards the re-runs containing.

(No i do not look anything like this man.)

Re: Half way point.

AC/PD
Ryan, I do not for one moment imagine you looking anything like Robert Robinson.

Re: Half way point.

AC/PD
It's also encouraging to know that the half-way point is yet to be reached in the L&C tenure, even allowing for the omitted shows.
Strangely, I even find the shows of a year ago, with all those I Feel Love and Way Down routines to be so distant.

Re: Half way point.

Andeebee
Yes PD they feel so last year don't they

Re: Half way point.

P4PM let me know what you write to them

Re: Half way point.

Just incidentally the figures for this on Pans People.

Their tenure on Totps lasted 2,896 days, and we find their half way point to be 14th May, 1972. The nearest show to that date is the 13th of May. With 1972 being a poor year for details on Pans dances, that particular show along with a string of others for 72 are unknown in terms of what they performed too.

Re: Half way point.

Andeebee
I believe we are just over halfway in the BBC run as well

Re: Half way point.

So you're not counting the Zoo dances then Andee ?

Re: Half way point.

Jeez, just imagine if the BBC4 re-runs are still going in 2016/17 and 18. We will be in the mist of the Zoo stuff. I can just see Colm's `Comments On Zoo Dances` section now.

Re: Half way point.

nope for me BBC4 are halfway way through to 1981 - I didn't get Zoo and my personal opinion didn't like the group (too many people week in week out) and by 1982 TOTP was waning for me

Re: Half way point.

Well we may have to learn to love Zoo then cause they will be the main stay of our weekly dancing on TOTPs in those years. Though the thought dosent bear thinking about, i will grant you that.

Re: Half way point.

Andeebee
I thought the run ends 82/83 - which will be fun.....

Re: Half way point.

29/09/1983 to be exact. The date a regular dance troupe last appeared on TOTPs.

Re: Half way point.

I say regular, in Zoo's case it could be anybody though dancing.

Re: Half way point.

Andeebee
that was the point lost by Zoo, they had interchangeable members so you didn't really focus or choose a favourite or to be honest get used to them as we/I warmed to pans or Legs.

it looks like Flick's attempt to mold a Hot Gossip type troupe (without the naughty bits)

Re: Half way point.

Another half-way statistic. Pauline's tenure on TOTPs lasted 1,610 days, with the half-way point being 4th of January 1979. Legs & Co appeared on that date also, dancing to EWFs `September`.

Re: Half way point.

JEZ
in my opinion some of the best routines from 79 ,80 and 81 are still to come from legs and co ,i think the next couple of years the girls had some really good songs to dance to ,and their routines became more and more adventourous

Re: Half way point.

JEZ
we all know that by 1981 the writing was on the wall for legs and co ,and the dance troupes on totp in general ,but as we know zoo did perform on and off for another couple of years ,so i wonder if micheal hurll said to flick that legs and co could stay ,but only be on the show when needed ,or he said the girls have definitley got to go completely ,or it was flicks decision ,flick once said that she had insisted that she needed to do something different ,and to use men as and when it suited the song ,but i wonder truthfully if she didnt have the option ,or that she in her opinion thought it was as far as she could go routine wise using all female dancers ,i know we have talked about this before ,but did we ever find out if it was mr hurlls final decision ,or flicks to end the all female group