Happy birthday, Louise

Michael

I’m sure you all know that Louise would’ve been 69 today.

To mark the occasion, I thought I’d share this photo with you all.

Also, I’ve created a tribute page on Facebook, dedicated to Louise. If you’re interested in having a perusal of the work in progress, follow the link.

One more thing: should any of you fancy taking on the role of editor for the page, please drop me a line via its message box.

Happy birthday, Louise.

https://www.facebook.com/Louise-Clarke-1408125165997907/

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Mikey
Thats a lovely photo, do you know when it was taken?

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Everything'sRosie
Welcome to the site. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we're all Louise fans here.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

CoffeeThing
Welcome, indeed a lovely photo.
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hello, yes that is a very lovely picture of Louise. And I would also like to know when it is from and on what occasion.
Welcome to One For The Dads, noooodleconchiggley@gmail.com. Hope you stick around for a long time. As a relative newbie myself, I can assure you that this is a wonderful place to inhabit whenever you can. There are a lot of nice people here, and so knowledgeable about the Dancing Queens.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hi Michael. Just to say i have replied to your email. It may have ended up in your junk folder.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

ROD C

  Micheal nice off you to remember louise on her birthday cheers mate

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Mikey wrote
Thats a lovely photo, do you know when it was taken?
Still waiting

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your replies, and the warm welcome!

Sorry that I’ve not responsed sooner. Things have been a bit busy since returning from holiday.

A few of you asked if I had any background information on the above photo of Louise. The answer is, I’m afraid not. It’s simply an image I stumbled upon while browsing eBay. There is a Universal Pictorial Press stamp on the rear of the picture, with a small amount of text that reads: “Louise Clarke. Member, dancing group, Pan’s People. Universal Pictorial Press photo (318312) Sep 1976. There’s also a second Daily Telegraph stamp which is dated Jan 1977. Other than that, nothing, but the dates (and the outfit) suggest the image is post Pan’s.

Sorry I can’t enlighten you any further. Maybe someone else, here on OFTDs, might have an answer.

Again, thank you all.

Best wishes,

Michael

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
By the way, I’m unsure how to use this forum. Have I replied to everyone in the thread, or just myself ? Please do let me know! M

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hanway2
 We can all see your reply, Michael. Hope you will stick around for a long time. The more people on this Forum the better.
I am still fairly new, only joining in February, but the other members knowledge on Pans, Ruby and Legs are phenomenal. If you like the Dancing Queens, you will be at home here.
Glad you replied about Louise’s picture. She looks great there.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

noooodleconchiggley@gmail.com wrote
By the way, I’m unsure how to use this forum. Have I replied to everyone in the thread, or just myself ? Please do let me know! M
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/A-Beginners-Guide-On-How-To-Use-The-Forum-tp4037925.html
This link will give the basics on how to use the forum.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Louise did appear in a photoshoot in late 1976 for a Tesco fashion feature with Babs, Dee Dee and Mary. It doesnt look like this is related though. I guess the reason for multiple dates is these photos could be moved around different agencies.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Thank you for your help, everyone! It’s good to know I’m not talking to myself...

By the way, I’m very pleased to report that my Louise Clarke tribute page on Facebook has already garnered 37 ‘likes’ - not bad at all, considering it’s only been online for two weeks.

Toodle pip!

Michael

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello Mikey

Thank you for the information, and for the picture. I will share it (along with a nod to OFTDs) on my Louise tribute page over on Facebook.

I reckon you’re on to something with regards to the Tesco fashion shoot, especially seeing as the outfit Louise is wearing in the photo I shared is more akin to Ladie’s fashion of the mid to late Seventies. Maybe it was intended for the article but not used? Who knows. It is interesting, though, that Louise was involved in the shoot despite having left Pan’s more than two years prior. Do you know the reasons behind this?

Best wishes,

Michael

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Thank you, Ryan.

I’ll be sure to check this help page out. Generally, I’m pretty good at tech stuff, but came unstuck on this occasion! M

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello!

Thank you for your kind messages - it’s good to meet another Newbie :-)

I will certainly stick around, and will be promoting OFTDs via my Louise tribute page on Facebook, though I’m not sure quite how much time I’ll be able to spend here on the forum. However, when I do have time, where’s the best place to pick up new conversations to comment on?

Hope you have a great day.

Best wishes,

Michael

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hi Michael. Just something if i may, but it might be a better idea if you make a change to your user name. Currently your user name is your email address. This is not really ideal. Firstly because the thing is to long and secondly its difficult for folk  to engage with such an unusual mouthful as noodleconchiggly etc. Might i suggest changing it to something shorter like Michael. But the choice is obviously yours.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Sage advice, Ryan! Thank you. I’ll edit it now. M