Happy birthday, Louise

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hanway2
   Michael, other things to look out for on here are the occasional meet ups, I went to one earlier this year in Brighton and met up with Ryan and others. Depending on where you live there might be a meet up near you at some stage. And events like the Kaleidoscope where recently found rare TV and film footage are shown, sometimes including some recently discovered TOTPs.
  You can take part in the quizzes, which are all good fun, and the regular polls on here. We have been voting for our favourite number 1s the last months, and now voting on our favourite number 2s.
  Also, have a look at all the existing routines, and express your thoughts on the 'Have Your Say' section. There are some on here who prefer 'Pan's People', some who prefer 'Legs and Co', and there may even be some who prefer 'Ruby Flipper'.
  But get involved, the other members are all very helpful to us 'newbies'.
  And their knowledge is second to none, as I have stated before.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share this information with me. As to whether I'll get along to a meet-up, who knows? I live in Aylesbury (only five miles from Babs' childhood home), which isn't too far form London, so if anything is arranged in "Town", maybe I will have a chance.

As time allows, I'll involve myself in the topics you recommend. I've voted and commented on the "Favourite No.2's" thread. Wow! SO many good songs; I remember them so well, despite my only being six at the time.

Have a good evening, Hanway2.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hanway2
 A number of the members on this Forum also love in the Midlands, so if you are in Aylesbury that could be another possibility about meeting up. But you will be very welcome to come to any events in the London or South East areas.
And, I should let you know that, although I am an avowed Ruth acolyte, Louise is definitely my number 2. It is good to have you around, especially if you post more delicious pictures of Louise here on the Forum.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hi Michael, what image is your avatar taken from?

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello Mikey

It's a crafty crop of this image.

Have a great Saturday!

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

AC/PD
Michael wrote
'crafty crop'

Welcome aboard, Michael.
It's always interesting to read on here of personal recollections from back in the day.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

lol, thanks, the version in the pics takes up the whole screen, no wonder i didn't spot it.

Do you want to put the original Louise pic in the relevant section as well?

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/L-is-for-Louise-td3995545.html

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Thank you for the warm welcome

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Good idea! I'll upload it now, Mikey.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

VintageVideos
Hello Michael, good to see another Pan's People aficionado on this forum. Louise has always been one of my second favourite dancers - just behind Ruth! I hope you will enjoy your time on here

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
This post was updated on .
Thank you for the warm welcome, VintageVideos.

Well, I wouldn't call myself an aficionado; I know precious little about Pan's People. I find myself here as a result of a distant, yet happy childhood memory which was triggered when (while browsing YouTube) I happened upon the video of Pan's People dancing to "Everything's Tuesday".

Must say, though, I'm glad that I joined the forum as I'm rather enjoying my occasional visits!

So, what drew you to Ruth?

Best wishes, and have a great weekend.

Michael.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello Hanway2

Thank you once again for all the info. If one day I have the opportunity to attend a meet-up, if this forum's anything to go by, I'm quite sure I'll have a very good time.

I've a quick question for you (I've already asked another Vintage Video the same question today): what drew you to Ruth? I'm genuinely interested to know.

Have a great weekend!

PS: I'll try and find some more photos of Louise that are 'new', but I don't think there's much chance of that – I'm quite sure that the members of OFTDs have unearthed every available photo!

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Hanway2
  Hello Michael. Thanks for the kind words. As I am another Michael and a fan of Pan's People we should get along fine, glad to know you are planning to stick around.
  What drew me to Ruth? Well, I am currently reviewing all the routines of Pan's, then will go on to Ruby and Legs. I have finished the early Pan's dances and will move on to Mid Pan's soon. I am intending to reveal much of the reason I am a Ruth man in my review of a routine that was shown in early 1976, whenever I reach that number in my chronological quest. ( The review will not be in Silver Star- her and Pan's last routine, but for a dance performed a short time earlier than that ). I will say no more about that right now, except that I feel that The Beatles put it best, in my adoration of Ruth, with the song 'Something In The Way She Moves'. And nobody moves quite like Ruth, in my opinion!
  Hope all is well with you and have a great weekend as well.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael wrote
PS: I'll try and find some more photos of Louise that are 'new', but I don't think there's much chance of that – I'm quite sure that the members of OFTDs have unearthed every available photo!
Have you got a copy of 'Our Story' yet?, there are plenty of photos in that.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Hello Michael

Sorry that I missed this message. I'm used to Facebook, and how it alerts you when people reply to your messages. It seems with this forum, you have to search through for answers to your posts. Or am I missing something?

I read your little missive as to how you became a fully paid-up 'Ruth Man' with great interest, and I'm very much looking forward to the review you mention. As I've already said: I am genuinely interested.

Hope that all is well with you and yours.

Best wishes,

Michael.

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Gorgeous Daze
Michael wrote
I'm used to Facebook, and how it alerts you when people reply to your messages. It seems with this forum, you have to search through for answers to your posts. Or am I missing something?
Hi Michael. When you type a reply if you look below your words there's a box you can tick so that you get alerted by email when someone posts again on that thread. Best used sparingly though as otherwise your inbox will be inundated if you get more and more involved in OFTD as I hope that you will!

Re: Happy birthday, Louise

Michael
Brilliant!

Thank you for your advice. I shall do what you describe in the future.