Hello from a latecomer!

Hello everyone, I can't believe I have only just found this fantastic place!

Like the rest of you, I have been really enjoying the BBC4 run of ToTP. It seems that most weeks the show instills melancholy in me with almost tangible pain and equal delight. This past week has been the killer, it's the week when ToTP as I knew and loved it ended with that little, almost sad, glance upper left at the end of Sue's number. Yes the program was good in the party atmosphere days that followed, but never again was it ever the same.

Like  many of the boys, I had a soft spot for Sue and like most of you here, those memories are rekindled every week during the re-runs. I loved reading her Q&As on here and think it's lovely of her to take time to join in. It's wonderful that there is finally an internet archive documenting all the fantastic routines of PP, LC and the rest.

I yearn for the simpler days long gone when life seemed a bit slower and everyone was not chasing madly after the next big must have thing.

Okay, I'm old, but I am very pleased to be here :)

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Legsfan
Hello and Welcome CoffeeThing  I hope you enjoy your time here!

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Welcome CoffeeThing. Always good to see another fan of the dancers popping up on this forum and I look forward to hearing more from you. Your avatar is making me feel really hungry!

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

A warm welcome CoffeeThing - you sound like a man after my own heart. Rest assured that OFTD is a place where you can escape the modern materialistic rush, and one where our shared interest is concerned you can always have your cake and eat it.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

You're late to the party but the gift of a CoffeeThing gains you admission, as does your enthusiasm for the past!
Welcome to OFTD, CoffeeThing. Your conscription to the Sue Squad won't take long.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Hello and welcome to the forum, CoffeeThing. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Welcome from me too CT.  Sounds as if you've already strolled around our archives and if you want to stop in for a chat or perhaps to write in one of our three guestbooks (labelled Comments Threads here) please feel free to do so.  We'd like to hear more....

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Everything'sRosie
Hello CoffeeThing, and welcome from me too. As a relative newcomer myself, I'm sure you'll get your fix here. I arrived as a Legs & Co fan and am amazed how much there is to read and see on here, and now I've become a Pans and Ruby convert too. Enjoy.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Good to see you onboard CT and welcome. Where have you been these past 6 years . Im always curious has to how new folk discover us, did you just stumble across OFTDs, or was it through a search of Legs & Co ?

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

The Rubberband Man
Hello CoffeeThing.

I guess you could be described as a latte comer
It's never to late to enjoy PP, RF or L&C

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

I've been excitedly re-living my youth watching the old ToTPs but when the final Sue solo came on I vaguely remembered that was the end  for LC and began searching on their leaving. Then I inexplicably got really sad realising it was all so long ago. Silly really. Anyway, that's how I found you all. I wish I had done so earlier and had fun scoring the episodes.

Whilst I think of it, I read somewhere on here about the possibility that Simon Bates got Sue's name a bit muddled with Rosie's and called her Susie. However, Sue is credited as Susie on the 'Zoo' credits at the end of the show. Does anyone else wonder in view of the circumstances surrounding this last dance if that was a daft BBC attempt to distance further from LC in the hope the average viewer would not necessarily equate Sue with Susie? Maybe Sue might know?  I'm  quite possibly overthinking it.

I'm really blown away by the warm welcome. Thank you all very much. What a lovely friendly forum :)

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Better latte than never as they say! :)

As mad as it sounds, coffee is my hobby. I know, I know, I'll get my coat! Flat white anyone?

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

CoffeeThing wrote
Whilst I think of it, I read somewhere on here about the possibility that Simon Bates got Sue's name a bit muddled with Rosie's and called her Susie. However, Sue is credited as Susie on the 'Zoo' credits at the end of the show.
Nah, shes credited as Sue.

I think Bates just got muddled up, and not for the first time.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Welcome to ours Forum CT, I think you will enjoy our forum. And the guys are so friendly as well.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

So she is! I am seriously getting old, I totally misread it :)

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

CoffeeThing wrote
Whilst I think of it, I read somewhere on here about the possibility that Simon Bates got Sue's name a bit muddled with Rosie's and called her Susie. However, Sue is credited as Susie on the 'Zoo' credits at the end of the show.
Nah, shes credited as Sue.

I think Bates just got muddled up, and not for the first time.
I remember reading that Sue was often called Susie within the group, so it is likely that Simon Bates was just being more informal than usual.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Yeah, like most people called Sue she would be called Susie by friends and acquaintances, and probably Susan on official things. Its just that was the only occasion i can think of when the Susie handle was used.

In my youth i went out with a Sue, and she vehemently hated the name Susie, insisting that i called her Sue or Susan.

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

Welcome on board CoffeeThing, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on the forum exploring the threads, reading and contributing to reviews and watching all the routines, in fact it can become a bit of an obsession, but what an fantastic pastime!

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

I went out with two girls called Louise in a row. The first liked Lou and the second preferred Louise. I ended up struggling!

Re: Hello from a latecomer!

It's only now that I'm realising how intricate they were. Massive respect for those involved. Seeing I'll Find My Way Home again has really brought back the sadness and loss though.