Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

GJB

Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

GJB
This post was updated on .

VARA programme TX,Transmission,Broadcast,Shown 1968/69. Sod that Uitz bollox it's DATE FFS :) :)

Re: Holland TV show Uitz 1968/1969

VintageVideos
HI GJB, thanks as always for your research.

As far as I know though, the show was called "Herman van Veen" show (Herman is the guy next to Flick in the first picture).
"Uitz." is the Dutch abbreviation for "Uitzending" and relates to the date of broadcast, so "Uitz. 24-11-1968" means that the show was aired on that date.
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear

Re: Holland TV show Uitz 1968/1969

VintageVideos
A review of the show (in Dutch!) mentioning Pan's People can be found here:
http://www.veenpers.nl/0000251168ty.htm

(can easily be translated with Google)
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear
GJB

Re: Holland TV show Uitz 1968/1969

GJB
Thanks for that VV, bloody double Dutch to me, why can't they just use TX instead, I know what that means.

Me thinks that when we do actually leave the EU it should be stipulated in any "agreement/deal" that all Europeans speak and write in English :)
GJB

Re: Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

GJB
Gawd knows why they were circling Peter Sarstedt, it looks like some sort of Voodoo routine if you ask me :)

Not unless he wanted to look inside their heads :)

Re: Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

Hanway2
 Very nice looking pictures, very good to look at. The shows Pan’s People did in Belgium, Germany, Holland etc. in the late 60s and early 70s have a very distinctive individual style, it seems. Is there any record of what they danced to on this show?
And would Peter Sarstedt have performed Where Do You Go To My Lovely,  or was it too early for that, which would not be a hit for a few months yet?

Re: Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

Everything'sRosie
Some terrific photos there, GJB. The last one reminds me of something...

Re: Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

Mikey
Just to clarify I posted these a while ago in the pictures section. They are actually 3 different shows!

Herman Van Veen Nov/Dec '68

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4140219.html
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4140220.html

Jean Ferrat en Peter Sarstedt Show May '69

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4127598.html

Toppop - Golden Earring Special Apr '71

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4127556.html

There are a few more in the individual dancer pictures sections too

Re: Holland TV show called The Herman van Veen Show TX 1968/1969

One for the Ruth Fans