I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) -- [August]

I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) Dance/performance number 55 by Legs & Co.
Performed by  Donna Summer and reaching number 1 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 11/08/77 Duration of dance 3.03 mins
Dancers -- Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue (Joined by Floid)

Pauline 53                       Lulu 52
Rosie 53                          Gill 48
Sue 53                            Patti 48
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24x2gs_legs-co-i-feel-love-version-3-end-credits-version-2-totp-tx-11-08-1977_creation

I actually quite like this. Again not really a full routine by any stretch of the imagination and those `IFL` dance moves are given another outing, but i enjoy the atmosphere at the end of this show, with the audience dancing to this iconic sound of 77 disco-land. What an excellent host David Jenson was, his calm assured broadcasting style always shone through and his fronting of the girls here doing his little dance was a welcome touch. But then enter Sue and The Floidmeister, gee this guy was so lucky wasn't he, how did he manage to always get the gig. Anyhow, he does a marvelous job getting all jiggy with Sue, and she is quite superb also, the perfect disco babe one may say. I said i wasn't going to score these performances, but because of the disco champs Sue & Floid im going to give it 7.5 out of 10.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Again like the previous version of the routine, it seems to be primarily all about the studio audience dancing, but at least Legs & Co. get to join them on stage, & get male dance partners to boot, there would've been a great close-up shot of Legs & Co. if it wasn't for two of the audience members getting their backs right in front of that camera angle, also at the end the Kid was also getting in way when he signed off!

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Tell me about it, i just couldnt get a decent screen grab of this.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Floid Fan
I'd agree that this should be a 7.5 out of 10.
Carl

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Yes this is quite a good playout performace and Floid and Sue look good together, as do the lovely fivesome when they come into focus (ie. rarely)  I can't believe my favorite DJ manages to stand in front of Patti to say goodbye however and I have a hard time forgiving such a gaffe when she is still in that becoming orange leotard.  I must commend Sue for always looking enthusiastic about these Dance in the Crowd numbers and I think she is like one of those sports stars you hear commentators raving about "never giving less than 110%."  I think 6/10 is about right from me for this though.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
Yes not bad for a play out performance, certainly watchable 4/10

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Old Bill
Sue and Floid look great - it is acutally quite nice to split them up and have those two over there and the others over here.
I wonder if they would have done it though if this wasn't no.4. Also makes you wonder what they would have done at times likes this if they didn't have any Legs to fall back on.

I agree with all that Kid ruins the best shot of the whole routine, with his own ill advised lack-lustre dance steps contriving to block as much of the view of the fine sight behind him as possible. No good loving back to you Mr DJ DJ.

But even taking into account all the above, and the crowd nature of the dance it only gets a 4/10 from me.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Andeebee
3 for me

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

VintageVideos
I don't like this, again too much of the audience and too little of the girls. And while I don't hold anything against Floid in general, something in the way he's holding Sue looks wrong to me. I don't think I'll ever watch this again.

2/10
Vin

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Doc
Hardly counts as a performance as they are so far away. Only worth a 6.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

PaulF
Not too impressed with this, only real shot of the girls shows Lulu looking bored and don't get me started on Floid and Sue. 2/10
Paul

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Who's That Hurll
This is one of those ( absent performer) stills and credits affairs, that would have to be something special to make the grade.
The girls are wearing their orange and sky blue 'We Are All Alone' garments that were seen earler on the show.
It's all rather cluttered and obstructions are everywhere. 3/10
WTH

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
I am a little reluctant to score this one as I don't really class it as a routine as such. However Sue and Floid dance well together and as it is one of my favourite songs of 1977, I will stretch to 5 out of 10.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Angie

Re: I FEEL LOVE (4th version) -- 1977

Mikey
Well if this is the 4th version i'm sure everyone was getting a tad bored by then, although its not showing too much. Floyd sure looks much more mature here than in his Ruby Flipper days only 12 months earlier, and Sue looks like she is enjoying her duet with him.

Its not really much of a routine but 6/10 for the Floyd and Sue bits.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) -- [August]

A great song but not the most memorable of routines, which must be why I've managed to overlook it for so long, so I'll go with a 6.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) -- [August]

With this routine we have the ladies in the audeance. Doing the movement on one of the stages. On another stage we have Sue and Floid dancing together. The two are good through out, so you are watching them the most.

So the score will be 7 out of 10.

Re: I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) -- [August]

Not the best routine to this great record.The highlight is Floid & Sue.6/10
DotD:Floid

Re: I FEEL LOVE (3rd version) -- [August]

Just to say Glenn, DOTD is deactivated for this performance. Your nomination of Floid wouldn't have counted anyway (as im sure your aware).
RYAN
Stu