I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

I WANT YOUR LOVE  Dance/performance number 155 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Chic  reaching number 4 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  15/03/79  Duration of dance 2.50 mins
Dancers - Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Sue      139
Pauline 138
Patti     135
Rosie    135
Gill       131
Lulu      130
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26p26l_legs-co-i-want-your-love-totp-tx-15-03-1979_creation

The fourth of six Chic records that Legs & Co danced on TOTPs and it provides Flick with the opportunity to give us two routines in one. Firstly we are greeted by the smiling allure of Lulu which leads in nicely to the others. Are they wearing Wedding dresses, im not sure ? The dresses remind me of those dolls your mum used to cover spare toilet rolls up with !

So after the wedding we move on to the honeymoon so to speak as the ladies cavort and shimmy about in scant clothing. Now in this they are almost wearing 'Fleshings` as Private Pike would say ! For most part i quite like the routine, but the ending is ruining in my view by the need to combine both routines with the aid of annoying cross fade. The ladies though perform to the highest standard and are faultless to a tee. Quite a long routine this, a full 50 seconds longer than last weeks Legs routine.

Dancer of the day is a difficult choice, infact the hardest for a while for me. I could easily go for Lulu, i cant keep voting for Pauline, though once again she figured highly. In the end i plumped for the stylish and elegant `Sue`.

Rating--A bit middle of the road, nothing to outstanding but all likeable. `7.75 out of 10`.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Paperboyplod
Another interesting dance routine, that like Supernature features a change of dress-code during the performance, it was obviously filmed in two separate  parts, & so managing to get the correct movements synchronised with the various key changes in the song, was a spark of a genius at work.
The ladies, all make for really beautiful brides, & they change into clothes rather befitting of a beach based wedding reception ball afterwards.
This has to be the greatest Legs & Co. dance routine of '79 thus far into that year.

9/10

DotD:-

Lulu

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

JEZ
I remember in the very very early days of the forum ,we had fun trying to work out from the compilation dance of the xmas some girls performance ,what song this dance was danced to ,none of us could remember from the brief snippet of the girls shimmying ,I remember mr p was especially keen on finding out ,anyway im not a great fan of the song ,but the dance is very good ,an 8 from me

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

This is another routine to a chic song. The first shot is of the beautiful smiling face of Lulu. All the ladies are wearing white wedding gowns, And are gliding and twirling on the studio floor. We then go into another section, this time the ladies are wearing skin tight one piece underwear. And we see Pauline, Gill and Rosie doing sexy movement. Then we see Lulu and Sue moving they hips from side to side. We then get a solo from the wonderful Patti. We then go back to the ladies gliding across the floor in the white gowns. We go back Lulu and Sue also doing sexy movement, then a solo by Gill who shimmies her body. Then at the end the routine both sections are mixes together.

The Dotd must go to our goddess of dance Sue.

The score will be 8 out of 10.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Well I like the switch between he elegant gowns and the raunchy scantily clad scenes and I quite like the song too but something stops this being a classic for me and I can't quite define what it is as the ladies look quite divine and the music is eminently danceable.  Maybe I'm just hard to please.  Anyway I think Gill is the most divine in this and her shimmy did indeed puzzle and intrigue me for a long time as Jez mentioned so she gets my vote for DotD.  As for a mark I think 8/10  is reasonable as I do enjoy this but it doesn't reach my top 50 Legs outings.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

I like the mix of elegant sophistication and raunchiness but like P4pm this isn't quite a classic routine for me, probably because there is just too much swapping back and forth between the two different looks.  However, definitely worth an 8.5.  Sue looks sensational in both outfits but as the 'Gill shimmy' was the signature move which spurred on the search for this clip on this occasion I'm choosing Gill as my Dotd.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

The 'Gill Shimmy' or 'The boob jiggle' makes another appearance (prob first seen in 'Dancing in The City') to this slice of disco pure gold.  In fact this is my favourite Chic track, and one I used to cane in my DJ days at the end of the night, before we segued into the slow up and close smoochy bits. LOL

You can picture this, ADB gets in at 2 cuppa tea on table, switch on TV to watch full edition of TOTP, the wide eyed stare of Powell, then the tea nearly goes everywhere.

As Ryan remarked, when I saw this I thought Wedding & Honeymoon, Flick prob got the cue from the wedding chimes of the tubular bells in the song to denote wedding (there seems to be alot of wedding like themes in these dances over the years), and onto the 'honeymoon' section.

Well Legs & Co showing Hot Gossip how raunch should be done on TV. Sexy and stylish without being cheap, tacky and slutty. Well Done to Flick.

To p notch, and I disagree with the lower marks, sorry chaps. I thought it was sleek, stylish, sexy and just great.

Scores on the doors: 10/10

DOTD: So hard to pick this.........but Sue nabs it just from Patti, Sue DOTD

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

AC/PD
Here come the brides, see how they glide. The recent Gary's Gang routine featured our lovely ladies dressed as wedding guests, all in satin and as stylish as can be. Now it's their big day: one gigantic Legs & Co. 'wed-off' with the greater likelihood of the dresses hiding garters from view, rather than toilet rolls. All six are such elegant, gliding bridesmaids during the chorus to I Want Your Love. However, come the verses and we switch from wedding dance to the first nght of wedded bliss with, let's face it, raunchy sexiness. Some of the dancing here is similar to that of the fabled Supernature, with Gill's sultry shimmy earning full undivided attention and there's a reccurrence of primal passion when Sue and Lulu dance and smoulder all but a hot breath apart. This double routine delights enough to almost warrant a perfect ten, but is prevented from doing so by the less than perfect vision mixes. Had prominence veen given to the close-ups rather than a 50:50 visual split, this would have received the lot. Nearly forgot...fabulous bassline on the song itself. Got a feeling the majority of DOTD nominations will go to each personal favourite of ours.
9/10
DOTD: The most womanly of them all, Gill.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Andeebee
if there is a wed off, first dibs on marriage proposal rejection from Sue please

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Colm
I love both parts of this routine: in the ballgowns (that's how I see them rather than wedding dresses, but each to their own!), they line out beautifully, and the syncing is perfect. The ladies look highly radiant too.

Personally, I'd have prefer Pete not to do a half-spoiler in his intro link, as I'd love to have seen how, on original broadcast in 1979, the audience would have reacted from the transitions to elegant gowns to, well...

There are so many delightful moments in the "lingerie" parts - Patti's lovely solo, an abundance of smouldering hot looks; yet to me, there seems to be something distracting or troubling Pauline as the camera closes in on her.

Score: 9

DotD: For *that* shimmy, Gill

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Adorable Gillusion
9/10   DOTD...Gill

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Gorgeous Daze
After dancing to three Chic songs aimed at getting feet on the dance-floor, the fourth number Legs & Co come to takes a subtle shift. Opening the routine with Lulu in knowing portrait mode provides a clue that a suitable surprise could be in store. A pity the effervescent host ruined the impact.

I agree the chimes in the chorus are likely to have been the inspiration for this. The six belles at their white wedding, all smiles and grace as if moving on a bed of air. And then to the end of the day, decidedly un-virginal in white and deadly serious. There can be no doubt what's in mind. Lulu and Sue loosen up a treat. Patti performs her solo with dependable panache. But it's Pauline who becomes positively consumed with passion, and betting is immediately suspended on what would be PD's next avatar. Eventually the big day and big night become conflated, as they should be. But it's the night that gets compromised, and this is the only small flaw. Significantly it ends up fully back with the brides, leaving a judiciously wholesome aftertaste.

Pauline impresses and she very nearly stole the show. But DOTD goes to curvaceous Gill. This shimmying lark is a forte of hers.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Lookmacinanger
Classic Chic, Classic Legs and Co. 9/10, Dotd Lulu

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

PaulF
I like this one but its the constant video mixing which lowers the score to an 7.5/10 from me.

DOTD Patti, no explanation other than she kept catching my eye.
Paul

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

VintageVideos
8.5 Lulu
Vin

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

I like how Flick gives us two kinds of love;the romantic and the sexy.It's quite steamy in parts pushing the hot-ometer up to breaking point.I liked Patti's bare-footed solo bit and her efforts to keep balanced on one foot.9/10
DotD:Lulu

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Old Grey Whistler
Le Freak was probably Chic's signature song but I think I prefer this one.
Flick and the girls have come up with a fine dance to accompany it.  There are effectively two routines in one. One is very classy and elegant, the other oozes sex appeal and raunchiness. Both appeal to me. There are several good moments, my only minor gripe being that Rosie struggles to get much camera time.
My score is 9 out of 10.  There are some strong contenders for DOTD but Gill steals the show with her shimmying, and gets my vote.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Mikey
The Yin and Yang of Flicks dance routines intermingling two separate elements, the sweet prom style dresses and classical choreography (during the chorus), and raunchy underwear laden shenanigans (during the verse). The wonderful Chic (currently enjoying somewhat of a renaissance) provide the soundtrack to this epic routine with another great disco track, more mellow than Le Freak but still a fine record in its own right. Both elements are very well performed, particularly the more classical side, where they appear to be floating around the stage area in formation, and a great (but all too brief) Sue solo. Towards the end both elements are cleverly mixed into a visual overload, giving us 2 for the price of 1, can't ask for more than that.

My favourite of 1979 so far, 10/10 DOTD Sue

Stu

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Stu
A very sultry one this, really enjoyed it. I thought the two outfits worked with the song and the video edit. It was down to 2 or 3 for DOTD but Pauline stole it with some unrivalled sexiness about 2 minutes in.

8.5/10

DOTD - Pauline

Stuey

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Old Bill
Does any dance open with a more unspeakably beautiful shot than this one??

I think not. That shot alone is worth a dozen Hot Gossips! (Someone's avatar I do recall...?)

Any ways. What a lovely dance. The long dresses, and I'll opt for wedding dresses rather then cocktails gowns or toilet roll holders! :-) are elegant and beautiful. The way they sweep and glide around. And with the tied back hair they look divine.
The leotards bits are sexy but I wonder what they're supposed to represent... if anything.

The song is nice. Which all makes for a lovely all-round winner.

9/10 and Pauline for DotD, especially for her leotard performance.

Jeremiah 31:13