I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Doc
When the dance starts you think that Mary Whitehouse must have been quite liking this one until it cuts to the 'alternative' outfits by which point the letter of complaint would have been started. No complaints from me the mix of dress works well and the girls are red hot at times. 9/10.
Dotd, not sure yet, I need to watch it a few more times.
Still living in 1979

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Doc
After some thought Gill does some damn good writhing and shimmying so she's my dotd.
Still living in 1979

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

bucksby
Nice idea to mix two routines together but for me it doesn't quite come off. I don't like the white dresses, they just don't fit the song I'm afraid. I much prefer the second costumes. A couple of great solos by Patti & Gill. Nice hairstyle from Pauline this week. Routine just a 6 for me, Patti is DOTD.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Who's That Hurll
The routine starts with the ladies gliding elegantly across the ballroom in white puffy skirts of the kind we saw in "Going In With My Eyes Open". What follows next is certainly an eye- opener, as night falls then hidden passions are released.
Perhaps these interludes were taken from a Freemans catalogue photo shoot and were judged to be too steamy for the said book!
The transitions from ballroom to bedroom  are seamlessly edited and thankfully the brief overlays disappear before the end shot. This is possibly my favourite of all the Chic dances that the Legs' performed  and I feel that 'I Want Your Love'  has the cleanest sound of all the Chic songs.
I know a lot of people were tempted by the Gill jiggle, but it's to the demure and lusty Lulu that I give my DOTD for her opening picture and some fine work with Sue.  9/10.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Wow, what can I add that hasn't already been mentioned about this outstanding routine, probably nothing I think! Right from the opening shot of Lulu the girls all look stunning, firstly in their ball gowns, very elegant and demure, and then in their sexy underwear, raunchy and saucy but certainly not smutty. With two simultaneous routines and choreography which once again shows the versatility of Flick and our girls we definitely get two for the price of one here. Almost forgot to mention I love the track too!

Rating 10/10

DOTD is very difficult, all the girls add something to both parts of this routine, but like so many others the Gill shimmy does it for me.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Everything'sRosie
Very memorable routine in the way it shifts from demure to sultry. The song is terrific too. I placed this one in my Top Ten so I have to give it a 10/10 now. DOTD is a tough one but I'm going for...Pauline. She sure looks good in lingerie.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

Dancer
Beautiful song.  This would be Chic's highest ranking chart wise for a single.  On this week I purchased the C'est Chic album from which this is lifted and every track is fantastic and still is.  Chic's songs are just classic disco and will be forever more.  The C'est Chic album was released just prior to this single been released as Bernard and Nile withdrew the previous album Tres Chic with the same track lists but different running order.  The new order is much better.

The 12" version of this song is just so beautiful and erotic on the dancefloor.  The guitar break midway is just fantastic.  The routine itself is just lovely and does the song favours.  The outfits are lovely and on first viewing I was thinking of the outfits from I'm Coming Out but this came first so not sure if these were reused.  Totally lovely routine.  Awarded Pauline as the best dancer and the dance itself has a ten out of ten.  Liked Lulu in this one too which is a rarity.

Re: I WANT YOUR LOVE [March]

The Rubberband Man
There’s a real breathtaking “Wow!” moment right at the very start of this routine which must melt the heart of all Lulu's fans. A real COOL moment (Camera One On Lulu). Nice one Mr Cameraman

This is a routine of two halves. There’s the flouncy dresses / elegant gowns / toilet roll holders scenes, and then there’s the skimpy underwear stuff. The problem is, there’s too much of the flouncy dresses, and I’m shouting at the tv “No, no, go back to skimpy” all the time.

As this is a routine of two halves I’ll score it accordingly: -
3/5 for flouncy dresses
5/5 for skimpy
8/10 aggregate score

DOTD: Tough one this. It could be Lulu for the COOL moment at the start, or it could be Gill for her seductively suggestive shimmies (jiggles). However, Pauline grabs my attention during the skimpy bits, so she is DOTD.