In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

Doubleday
Many things followed ... but your mum was at the start of it all. Without Pan's People there would have been no RF, Legs, Hot Gossip, Spice Girls, Pussycat Dolls, All Saints, Girls Aloud, Madonna, Kylie or Beyonce. She was a true original and a pioneer.

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

Dancer
Louise - your posts have been heart-wrenching to say the very least.  I hope you feel a lot better now when you read this.  Time is a healer.  Now the nights are getting lighter I hope you will feel a lot better.  I always think about your Mom a copious amount of times in the day.  Watched her last night in the Selfridges store dancing to Running Away.  She really was beautiful looking and equally a beautiful dancer.  Lots of love to you my lovely coming from South Staffs. xx

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

LouiseFinch
Thank you Doubleday I think you're right, they were amazing and the start of great things.
Thank you Dancer for your touching words, it's a difficult thing for anyone to come to terms with and I've been told that the pain never goes away it just gets easier to cope on time. I guess the hardest part is accepting a loss when you feel they had more to give. If only each beautiful baby born was given love and cherished and went on to a ripe old age having lived a full , kind and happy life.

Hello Louise.  I hope you are well.  We had our annual meeting yesterday and your Mom came up in a few of the conversations I was having.  I was hearing about the Cotton Fields dance routine and I was talking about the most difficult dance routine ever in the seventies and that was Isaac Hayes Shaft.  I do hope that you have had a lovely summer and that you are now okay and in a good place.  Your mom will always have a special place in my memory bank for her lovely routines and outfits.  Sending you a big cyber cuddle my lovely.  xx

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

LouiseFinch
Hello Dancer
I am sorry it's taken a while to reply, thank you kindly for your lovely email. I hope that you and your family are well. Lovely to hear that mum is being discussed i wish I was a fly on the wall. I am ok thank you for your kind wishes. Life is as is for most very hectic and it doesn't leave me much time to pause but when I do I have to say I still find it extremely difficult. I am though getting on with life and realising that probably for many of us that lose parents the pain will never go away it's just learning to live alongside it a bit of a different life to the one that was.
I miss her terribly, thank you for your kind wishes as it is lovely to remember what she was before she was my mum.
Take care and a big hug back
Louise

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

Dancer
Hello Louise.  Hope you are okay my lovely.  Sorry this is late but I have been at my parents house since pre-Christmas so completely cut off.  A happy new year to you and I do hope you are okay.  I was thinking about you over Christmas especially when I was watching the Pans People routines especially Tap Turns on the Water.  I hope you are keeping positive networks around you and you are in a good place.  Hope you were spoilt.  Big hugs and kisses. xx

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

PaulBlue
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

This thread was locked and sunk into the older posts. I have been asked by email to reopen it. If it it not posted on in the next 3 days, then i will sink it back into older posts again.

Re: In Memory of Andrea Rutherford

meayrs
I must have been the person who posted that he had seen Andrea in Argentina. I lived there for 30 years, and [amongst other things] used to visit schools and institutes giving talks to English teachers. One day I went out to the suburb of Quilmes, to the south of Buenos Aires. I noticed during the talk that there was a woman in the front row who was clearly English and in the interval she presented herself. I think she gave me her 'Rutherford' name, and I asked her if she was connected to PP. She said yes, and that she was living in Buenos Aires (suburbs, I think) and that she had a pizzeria. I have no reason to think she was teaching English (though I guess it's possible); at the time I assumed she was a friend of one of the teachers who had come to the talk who was interested in meeting someone from the home country. And that was it. I went on my way, and she presumably on hers. I'm not at all sure why my story was doubted on another board, but I can assure you it's true.
1234