Interview with Patti

Legs11
Hello - I've been a long-time lurker. Like many others, I found this website when TOTP76 started and have been a regular visitor ever since.

Anyway, I found an interview with Patti Hammond when she was in Legs and Co. It's from a book called The Performing World of the Dancer.https://archive.org/stream/performingworldo00dodd

Apologies if this link has been published before, but it is a great interview.

I am happy to publish the rest, probably tomorrow!

Re: Interview with Patti

Old Grey Whistler
Hi, Legs11. Gosh, you have been a long time lurker haven't you! Good that you finally made it on here.
Interesting interview. I don't think I have read this before, although there is so much on this site that I have lost track of what we have. I look forward to reading more when you are able to put it up.

Re: Interview with Patti

Thanks so much for this Legs11 and welcome to the light side

Re: Interview with Patti

Willoway
I would say this is new to this site or any other as far as I know, great find. Interesting account from Patti on why she left ballet, think I've read other accounts where she said it was because she had probably reached a career plateau. Will be very interested in any account of her audition for Ruby Flipper
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Interview with Patti

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the upload Legs11. Fascinating.

Re: Interview with Patti

Fascinated read and welcome to OFTDs Legs11. Not sure ive heard the word `arabesques` before but im not surprised that Patti could perform high ones !!

Good stuff and im looking forward to reading more.

Re: Interview with Patti

Gorgeous Daze
Welcome to the site at last Legs11. Good move and an excellent gift to say hello with. A nice surprise to find this previously unknown career resumé from Patti, I'm certainly hungry for the second installment.

Re: Interview with Patti

Young Mister Grace
Thanks Legs11. A great find, and a fascinating interview. Look forward to seeing more.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Interview with Patti

Welcome to OFTD Legs11, what a great read about Patti. Waiting to read the rest of this interview.

Re: Interview with Patti

Legs11
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I'll try not to be a stranger!

Happy reading! I'll post the rest over the next few days.

Re: Interview with Patti

BeautifulBabs
great contribution with this welcome fro me too !

Re: Interview with Patti

Very interesting read Legs11 and thank you for sharing.  Looking forward to the next installment.

Re: Interview with Patti

Legs11

Re: Interview with Patti

Legs11

Re: Interview with Patti

Legs11
Final part coming up...

Re: Interview with Patti

Legs11

Re: Interview with Patti

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks again, Legs11, I enjoyed reading that. Perhaps in due course we should archive it somewhere so it doesn't get lost.

Re: Interview with Patti

Legsfan
Thanks Legs11. It is very interesting. Thank you for posting.

Re: Interview with Patti

Yes a fascinating read Legs11 and thanks for sharing it with us. So we glean another snippet of Legs info. Patti is tonsil-less !

Re: Interview with Patti

PattiForPM
Thanks again from me too Legs11.  Seems like a heartfelt, honest and rather self-effacing account as I'd expect from this quality lady