JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

sueforever
Our ladies do two separate performances for this routine. The first of these as our ladies dressed as angels on the screen. But the main part of this routine as our ladies dressed as little devils swing they tails. The ladies are good on this routine of good versus bad. There are some good solos in this routine, would have got a high score. But with this routine would have been better seen for me on TV. Not by my computer screen, because this was presented by DLT shame. So I have to take a point off. But I see good wins in the end, because the last shot is of the angels.

So my Dotd must go to Pauline. For her solo in this routine.

The score must be 9 out of 10.

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

Dancer
This was a fantastic song.  Can vaguely remember it when it was released and it got fair airplay but it only reached No.20 and I do think it deserved to go higher.

The first time I saw this was in my collection and I absolutely adore it.  I can vaguely work out who the girls are but I love the two scenes to it.  Seems to mirror Ma Baker slightly.  The costumes are perfect and the fixtures too.

I absolutely loved Pauline in this as she is just enjoying herself so much in her solo section.  I will award this dance a big ten out of ten and the best dancer is awarded to Pauline.  #classic

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

Old Bill
Not hugely crazy about this, but at least we do get two dances for the price of one. Are the heavenly angels supposed to be on one shoulder telling us to do the right thing and give this person up, and the hell cats on the other tempting us to stick with them?

But gosh, it is hard to tell our cats apart isn't it? Thankfully Ryan's done it for us.

Lots of fun, and some nice twirls and wiggles and tail waggling. A healthy dollop of silly too. Would've been nice to see a Miss Cat-wright some where in there though.

But I don't know if it's the lame song or poor quality of that's affecting me or just the dance itself but it doesn't really tickle my fancy that much. 6.5/10 and I thought about Pauline for naughty cat of the day, but her little sequence of kicks before her solo goes a little awry although her bum wiggle and perfectly timed "ooh" are spot on. But I must be fair and I think the DotD should be Rosie.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

This one reminds me of Heaven Must be Missing an Angel and YNGTHIYBMH although all three are completely different! Although I can't see what Angels & Cat looking Devils relates to the song.
Rating: 8/10
DOTD: Sue

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

MADMAX
Not sure about this one. I have never heard of the group or the song. Routine,  to me its has a similar theme as "spirit in the sky" with Pans, which fits the song to a tee. This routine I struggle to fit to the song, Unfortunately the video is of a very low quality making it hard to Identify the girls (back to school again) or what their costumes represent, Cats or demons, all though demons would more likely fit having, maybe, spirits in the background. I'll vote by taking the routine at face value ignoring the quality of the video , as it seemed to be quite good to me. So I'm going "7.5"   As for DOTD the only girl I can ID for sure was  the lovely
 spirit "SUE "at the end.

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

Yeah Max, don't worry to much about identifying the dancers in this, its very tricky even to the trained eye. I know you are a Pauline fan. Shes is the first dancer to break away from the others at 1.33 mins on the slightly better visual YouTube link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb6WFaBSVJE&t

Re: JUST CAN'T GIVE YOU UP [May]

Everything'sRosie
I think this is fantastic. Angels in heaven or cats in hell, doesn't matter. They're sex kittens to me. The high heels really make for a "leggy" routine and those saucy hip thrusts make the thought of eternal perdition in the company of these sinful girls rather appealing. To quote Kate Bush from Sat In Your Lap: Some say heaven is hell...some say hell is heaven. Indeed. Sadly the ropey footage on YouTube does not do the routine justice. So its very frustrating there's a crisp copy of this hidden away in the BBC archive which may never see the light of day again. Grrr.

A word about the record. This was a hit in my early disco-going days but I had no recollection of it at all, though I probably heard it dozens of times back then. And so my love of it is purely retrospective. I will not be lopping off a mark because of the disappointing picture, as that's not the fault of Legs & Co. So its a 10/10 and though identification is difficult I could make out Pauline so she becomes my DotD.