Jimmy Savile allegations

Griff
Not wanting to stir up a hornet's nest here, but what are the forum members opinions on the recent allegations that have surfaced since Jimmy Saviles death. It seems even the BBC have picked up on this.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Griff wrote
Not wanting to stir up a hornet's nest here, but what are the forum members opinions on the recent allegations that have surfaced since Jimmy Saviles death.
Which particular allegations?
Griff wrote
 It seems even the BBC have picked up on this.
The BBC is a huge organisation. Where have they "picked up on this"? TV or Radio programme? Can you give us a link?

You've all done vey well!

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Legs
Hello Griff, for a first post that is inadvertantly a poke in the beehive. A greeting or an expression of your interest in the site subject would be less likely to sting. Until we have fact, allegation (whatever it is) is merely hot gossip

boom boom

lovely legs

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Griff
1. Haute de la Garenne

2. BBC Newsnight expose'

3. Leeds Hospital mortuary

4. Coleen Nolan 1979

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Legs

YMG i've just given a troll some steam. Can this thread be deleted please?
lovely legs

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

I don't think you've done anything wrong at all Legs.  This is a controversial Thread and a quick Google reveals nothing factual to my eyes.  I guess we have to decide whether we are in favour of discussing defamatory speculation like this or just awaiting events.  Previously we have all expressed our admiration for Jimmy Savile so I'm inclined to hold fire.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Young Mister Grace
All I can find on the web are Newspaper articles about Newnight "dropping" the story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2083783/Jimmy-Saville-child-sex-claims-investigated-BBC-days-stars-death--program-axed.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2012/01/08/bbc-axe-investigation-into-sir-jimmy-savile-and-schoolgirls-115875-23687556/

Has there been a Newsnight report in the last week, since these were published?
If there has, can you tell me which day?
I don't want to have to spend hours watching the whole week's Newsnight programmes on iPlayer.

You've all done vey well!

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Griff
Please Google "Jimmy Savile child abuse"

Please explore the links between Jimmy Savile and:

1. Alan 'fluff' Freeman

2. Wilfred Bramble

3.jonathon King

4.Gary Glitter

5. The Freemasons

6. Operation Ore

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

JEZ
I really do not think this forum is the right place to be discussing these sorts of allegations

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

We shouldn't concern ourselves with tittle-tattle.The man is not here to defend himself.Besides,we're here to celebrate the dancers we admire,and i'd rather do that.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Say When
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mike

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Let the guy rest in peace. Sounds to me like journos are trying to find someone to hang. Bit late with Jim, now if he was still alive to defend himself that would be a different matter and these allegations would need to be examined. Could it be that because he was a bit eccentric to say the least, he is now considered fare game ? Id like to know how many of those squeaky clean people in the pop music biz in the 60s & 70s were involved in some way with younger fans throwing them selves at them. But like a few of you have said, is this the place to discuss such matters.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Doc
Leave it to the News of the World low life journalists, It's off topic and I'm not interested.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Be interesting to see if the BBC include that odious creature Gary Glitter next week (26/1/12) on their BBC 4 TOTPs reruns. He did appear on the show from 20/1/77 and makes a further 2 appearences through 77. Of course they dropped Jonathan King from the reruns last year. Guess im just stirring this whole sorry mess up even further so i will shut up about it.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

PattiforPM
Well Griff, this question looks like a dud on OFTDs but maybe you can tackle some less contentious issues and we can then welcome you with more warmth.  After all we are all about dancing with joy here!

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Griff
Well, hopefully this subject has provided a little more meat to this evenings entertainment, and not entirely off topic I feel. The boundaries set for the forum subjects can become a little restricting and we can only take so much repetitious idolising. No offence intended.

Excellent summing up as usual Ryan.

Thanks to all who participated.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

   Hi Griff, this is a forum for discussion and Jimmy Saville does fall under umbrella of topics. Its just the nature of the subject matter that is a little disconcerting and the way its suddenly creeping out of the woodwork now hes expired. I really hope this is something or nothing because i really liked Jim, he was different and not affraid to speak his mind on subjects. I do hope the memory i have of him dosent become tarnished.
   Griff please come back and make more posts and comments. Yours and other new users input is what we really want and its always good to read a fresh perspective on things.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

RFTK Radio
Similar stuff was being posted in the Digital spy forum when Jimmy died , trouble is it's easy to libel and slander the dead , they can't haul your a$$ into court !

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Griff
I have maintained throughout this discussion that these are 'allegations' RTFK. I simply invited members to reach their own conclusions and put forward an opinion. It may have been a little controversial, but as Ryan has stated, certainly not off topic.

Re: Jimmy Savile allegations

Dave
It is typical it seems that these issues rise up like an unpleasant zit/boil and often when the individual has passed on from this "mortal coil".  Why not when they were around in life to confront ? Why did the BBC pull the plug on the programme at the 11th hour ? Is it more newsworthy to do this now they are dead ? (Thats an interesting point considering the revelations on papers involvement in phone hacking.....where does the idea and information come from that makes someone think its a good story ?)       Too many bones of contention for me on this one..... I am not so stupid to think that everyone in this world (including show business/ media) are perfect and spotless.....I just have issues with if any of these "accusations" were true.....why is it only now that people/persons want to air it now ? Sometimes it would seem that its so easy to feed off negatives and not the positives in life...I dont know.  For me, I choose to think the best of a person until there is outstanding proof that says otherwise.....so I remember Jimmy Saville for the commendable and good things he did for people, and those who did benefit from his help are probably very grateful to him also.        This is just my gut feeling on the subject.                                 Dave.
12