Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

B3tanTyronne
as she did not think she would ever see herself dancing on telly again and thanks to this place, she has done for the first time in almost 38 years.

She sadly had to leave as she had this stomach problem...she gave birth to me in Jan 1973.

Thanks to all those responsible for this site as not only has it brought her back some very good memories but she has been able to share them again with her family ,who have now not only been able to see her dance but she has also been able to show her place in `Top of the Pops` history.

Lovely stuff.

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

PattiforPM
Thanks for these comments and it's great to hear from Pan's next generation B3t.  Please feel free to contribute some more if you have time.  It's absolutely wonderful to know there is support from the dancers themselves and may I send my best wishes to Andi.  By the way if the dancers have any suggestions for improvements it would be great to hear this too.  YMG do you have that proud as punch look on your face again?  (now I have to find an avatar with Andi, Dee Dee and Sue on it )

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

JEZ
many thanks for your posting ,i have said on the forum and the blog i wonder why andrea never appeared in any of pans reunions ,ive always wondered why, if it is not to much trouble could you possibly ask her if she remembers her last totp performance and song she performed as we are trying to work out exact months the dancers first and last apperance and the song they did their last dance to ,we have attempted to do a list on this somewhere on here ,its great to have you join us on here ,theres loads of questions on early pans routines we are struggling on ,so once again hello and welcome , i promise you though i wont bombard you with loads of questions lol

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

Hi B3t great to hear from you.  Please thank your mum for it was she and the other Pans girls that paved the way for all the subsequent performers and performances we got to enjoy.  I hope she had a great time on the show and is enjoying watching all the stuff YMG is good enough to put up.  Plus your mum was my fav when I first got to watch TOTP.

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

katy miss queenie
hi i am a fan of pans people and i think your mum was a great dancer and it must have been great times for her.I have noticed that people are taking a big interest in TOTP and how times were then because they were times when things were really taking shape and the 1970s changed a lot .I often think about what pans people say in Digging The Dancing Queens about how they wanted to be like a little company and run their own careers and it must not have been easy because feminism (women running their own lives whatever career they had) was still quite a new thing and times changed slowly ,too slowly no girl power like today .Do you know or remember when the spice girls started to gain popularity in the 90s that geri halliwell referenced pans people as an influence. Not that i am a big spice girls fan but i remembered always that geri said that to the press on more than one occasion.Geri liked the idea of a girl band that everyone knew their names as there were so many boy bands at the time. It was then more interesting when flick colby said those words not exactly but flick said the same thing about pans people in the 70s and in Digging the Dancing Queens that there were so many boy bands in the 60s and not enough girls.Do tell this to your mum as i think she may also find this of interest (or maybe your mum remembers when geri said this) I also notice that you were born the year after me i was 1972 .A good year for pans people videos. anyway thank your mum and also i will be posting a video that your mum is in sly and the family stone runnin away from 1972. There are not enough Pans People videos left as the BBC taped over a lot of TOTP stuff as film was more expensive then .I will not bore you with my frustration over this subject though. katy

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

johnlegsfan

Andi's wedding dec 1971

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

Young Mister Grace
Thanks for your message, B3tanTyronne.

I'm guessing from your name that you're involved with the B3ta board: http://www.b3ta.com

Am I right?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people)

B3tanTyronne
You would be right, have been a member there for over 8 years.

On 21/04/2011 10:08, Young Mister Grace [via One for the Dads] wrote:
Thanks for your message, B3tanTyronne.

I'm guessing from your name that you're involved with the B3ta board: http://www.b3ta.com

Am I right?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

To unsubscribe from Just thought I would pass along My mums thanks (Andi from Pans people), click here.