Just two dates left now.

 Right, really old ground this so im sorry, im just left with two dates now that im not sure what Legs and co did that night on TOTPs. The first date is the one that nobody can seem to answer the imfamous 16/11/78, and the second date i need is 18/6/81, im hoping one of you kind people will know that one ?
   Of course the other date no one knows is the even more infamous Ruby Flipper 2/9/76, do i take it weve given up on that one, or did we agree that they didnt perform that night. We may find out in due course, re- the TOTPs re runs.

Re: Just two dates left now.

PattiforPM
Ryan I have the 16/11/78 complete show and can tell you with 100% certainty that there was no Legs performance that night although no explanation is given on the show (which is unusual as you know).   18/6/81 is "Take it to the Top" I believe.

Re: Just two dates left now.

Thanks for clearing it up for me p4pm, right thats that all sorted then.

Re: Just two dates left now.

Floid Fan
Ryan,
if we are patient, hopefully we shall find out on 3rd Sept 2011 whether Ruby Flipper did or did not perform on the 3rd Sept 1976.
My guess is that it was a well-deserved first week off for the entire troupe since they started on 6th of April. But Jez thinks they might have danced to Tommy Huntley on the playout. Hopefully we will find out once and for all.
Carl

Re: Just two dates left now.

Thats the problem Carl, i dont do patient. I need answers. Message from Jez by the way, hes feeling a bit `dicky`but hopes to make an appearence tonight.

Re: Just two dates left now.

Suefan
If I might borrow this thread.  Browsing my list I note that on 18/09/80 the only Legs performance is a brief repeat of "It's Only Love" from the previous week in the chart rundown.  Popscene notes that the show was presented by Simon Bates and Olivia N-J (complete with photo) but with no audience; presumably strike action again by one group or another.  Has anyone added up how many show were lost to such as there must have been a few interesting dance routines lost in this manner.

Re: Just two dates left now.

Suefan, i started a thread entitled Technicians strike on Feb the 27th, below was my opening gambit. Hope this answers your question.

  ``Just thought i would share this with you. In my time idealing about ive just worked out that since Sue Menhenick Joined Pans People in May 74 there has been an astoninshing 22 weeks in total lost to strike action at the Beeb. What a selfish lot those militants are depriving us of our dancers. Of course no sooner had poor Sue just got the gig with PP after a fortnight or so a 7 week lay off. Damn leftie red dogs. God im sounding like a Thatcherite ``

!

Re: Just two dates left now.

Suefan
Thanks Ryan, I'd forgotten you had already covered this.  Practically a half years output lost then, a real shame that.  I came to be musing on this after watching the very brief snippet of what should have been the "Use It Up..." Odyssey routine which HLPR used in his Legs nostalgia UTube clip with a different soundtrack..
Suefan