KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Who's That Hurll
Thankfully this is not a record you hear very often on the radio, as it's very much second division disco, with some  sparse futuristic effects.  I'm not sure how suited the outfits and setting are to the track - it looks like a convention of bridesmaids have cleared the floor at the local Indian restaurant to have a good boogie.
The dancing itself has a few individual errors in terms of keeping in sequence, although it does finish on a high note with some nice twirls and high kicks.  7'10 DOTD Lulu.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Apart from with this routine, this is a song I'm not familiar with, and although it's ok, it's not really my kind of music. The performance itself from our ladies is not one of my favourites either, for me it's pretty basic, there doesn't seem to be anything that really stands out, and I think I've only watched it a few times. Very sensible costumes which appear to be wedding dresses, and a set and lighting that all looks a bit dull.

Rating 5/10

DOTD Lulu

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Dancer
This is a lovely song and equally well done Ryan for an in-depth status on this.  I shall need to rewatch this because I did not pick up on the errors at all.  I think you might need to compile an excel spreadsheet of every song with faults as a separate title.  I loved the outfits and thought the girls looked really splendid in this one.  I will award this one eight out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Patti.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Everything'sRosie
The second routine in a row where the girls have been dressed in champagne satin. Makes me wonder if the Wardrobe Department had done a "deal" with fellow Shepherd's Bush resident Arthur Daley on the cheap rolls of silk recently come into his possession:
"Terry, there's a van parked outside. Here's the keys, take it around the back of Television Centre. Scotch Harry will meet you there."
"Oi, is this legit, Arfur?"
"Course it is. Ask to see a Miss Colby. Now, she's a proper lady, Terence. So best behavior. She's way out of your league anyway. Got that? Great. Another VAT, Dave."

Right, after that brief interlude, let's have a look at the dance. Firstly, I think the girls look fantastic in their tightly cut frocks and hats which are all slightly different complete with unintrusive veils. And any errors in the steps did not jump out at me. The track initially feels like disco by numbers, but after a few listens I definitely found it growing on me. I especially like the lively bits where the drums kick in. Excellent synchronicity there. Not a huge favourite, but still a good dance.

Rating: 8/10
DOTD: Lulu

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

The Rubberband Man
I was initially a bit wary of a song by Gary’s Gang, but I really quite like this up-tempo R&B record, especially the intro and the breaks, and it’s a perfect sound for L&C to dance to.

This dance sequence is more memorable for the wedding party outfits than anything else. The side split on the skirts revealing a length of thigh is eye catching, and the hats top off the look nicely, especially Patti’s and Rosie’s. I think the girls look fabulous, and those little bum wiggles they do are v sexy.

Everyone keeps in a rank and file formation which results in those at the back, Pauline especially, not getting any real camera time, which is a shame. A bit of rotation would have been nice, but I’m not complaining too much since Lulu is in prime camera position and she’s able to work her usual charms on me.

8/10

DOTD: Lulu

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Everything'sRosie
        Here's a picture of Gary's Gang, including ex-member Jeremy Beadle (2nd left). For me they were never the same after Beadle left.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

Doc
Just watched this again and decided to pick a dotd again. This time I chose Lulu, which checking back was exactly who I picked 5 years ago. She knew how to tease the camera that one!
Still living in 1979

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

I agree, Lulu was clearly the DOTD on this. Heaven knows how i selected Gill.

Re: KEEP ON DANCING [March]

AC/PD
Ditto (sorry Gill).
12