Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

The Rubberband Man
An essential date for your new year diary is the next Kaleidoscope event at BCU, Parkside, Birmingham on Saturday 7 March.
No details yet apart from confirmation that Françoise Pascal will be the guest.

You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism
GJB

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

GJB
1971 pilot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YIuJbz4XBg

Bruce's Big Night, FP remembers this, but only due to the contestant sticking his tongue down her throat, she didn't even know it existed until last year, I've promised her I wouldn't stick my toungue in, in March :)

This is very funny, I do know what is planned, so I can't say, things could change at the last minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCTXN9B8log
GJB

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

GJB
Btw Francoise told me when I sent her the Bruce Forsyth Show that she has still got the white dress she wore in that skit
GJB

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

GJB
She also said she felt a used sex object at some of the things she was asked to do, here's Francoise again on another Bruce's Big Night

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

The Rubberband Man
Tickets now available for this :-

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pot-pourri-tickets

A busy day featuring
• A celebration of 30 years since the closure of BSB
• An insight into the career of one of Britain’s most endearing character actresses
• The first transmission anywhere for material made, but never shown
• Recently rediscovered lost material
• The launch of four new DVD titles from the Kaleidoscope range
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Thanks for posting the link TRBM. Registered. On viewing the line-up id suggest the afternoon line-up outweighs the mornings offerings.

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Gorgeous Daze
Thanks for the link TRBM. I'm in for this well-named day of miscellaneous screenings.

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Everything'sRosie
I know we see these events as much as meet-ups than as a chance to see archive material but there is some interesting stuff on offer here. I will be there from the start to see The Discretion of Dominick Ayres. All through the day there are must-see shows. And it's always nice to see an episode from the golden age of Coronation Street. Back when it had memorable characters you actually cared about.

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the link TRM.

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Doc
I think the last time I watched Corrie, Ena and Hilda were still in it.
Still living in 1979

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Everything'sRosie
Same here, really. Though (probably luckily) I have no recollection of the "Dirty Dick" character who appears in the cast list of this episode. But seeing as he's played by Talfryn Thomas I can kind of picture the seediness already.

Re: Kaleidoscope: 7 March 2020

Hanway2
  Has Albert Tatlock finished his schooling yet?