Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

The Rubberband Man
Kaleidoscope have posted a link to a bonus event they are holding in Birmingham on 15/16 November

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/colour-tv-comes-to-town

A non music day, and I include "This Is Your Life – Des O’Connor" in that, but nevertheless a big line up of colour tv programmes aired around the time of a tv station launching its colour broadcasts.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Cheers for the news TRBM. This extra anniversary event will be worth attending for Peter Purves alone. We're not worthy!

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Yippee, another good day awaits. Thanks for the heads-up TRBM. Registered.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the link TRM.

Some good stuff here.

I'm obsessed with the Apollo Programme so the Apollo 12 broadcast is a must for me. Seeing Origami again will be fun too. So too the first colour Z Cars. And the man, Peter Purves. I'm of the ideal age for the golden age of Blue Peter. The show will always be Val, John & Pete for me (Lesley later, of course), so that will be a special thrill.

Looking forward to it.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie wrote
I'm obsessed with the Apollo Programme so the Apollo 12 broadcast is a must for me.
Oh i never knew that ER. Maybe we can spend some talking about it at one of the meets. Hopefully we won't end up falling out when you hear my thoughts on it.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie
Please don't tell me you're a moon-landing denier, Ryan

It's alright, I meet them all the time. They're wrong, of course

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Arlo
If you make it to Florida again, and if you haven't gone already, I recommend a trip to the Kennedy Space Center.  Not far from Orlando.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie wrote
Please don't tell me you're a moon-landing denier, Ryan
I'd prefer to discuss that in person with you. It will be a long conversation.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

I've been, Arlo. One of the best days of my life. Even got to chat with an astronaut.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie wrote
Even got to chat with an astronaut.
Buzz, Neil & Michael displaying the same body language as me at the last Kaleidoscope event. Hopefully this one will be better viewing.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Willoway
You may like this recent video, quite exquisite. Not so much now but was really interested in it all in my younger day and still have a load of books - the best I've managed in terms of site visiting is just the Apollo 10 module at the Science Museum.

I've always been intrigued by the image of an astronaut's visor with the lunar module in the visor reflection on the TOTP set in 1972 (the landings were still happening then). Any idea of what the image is? Is it using a NASA image (if so I can't find it) or is it just a drawing/model? The LEM looks at a slightly odd angle. The visor looks like it may have been created by a set designer, overlaying a photo.

You see him comin' better cut out on the double

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the link, Willoway. A nice and concise video which should explain a lot to the doubters.

The TotPs picture is a little grainy to tell. Probably a blown-up photo, with the usual loss of crispness to the image. I'm no Pan's expert but I'm guessing that is a lost routine. Starman?

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Willoway
Everything'sRosie wrote
Thanks for the link, Willoway. A nice and concise video which should explain a lot to the doubters.

The TotPs picture is a little grainy to tell. Probably a blown-up photo, with the usual loss of crispness to the image. I'm no Pan's expert but I'm guessing that is a lost routine. Starman?

It's been identified as Betcha by Golly, it's just part of the stage rather than specific to this song.

The LEM is framed too nicely in the visor for the whole image to be real (I think), just not sure if it's all drawn/modelled or just the visor - as I say, the LEM looks a little tilted and I don't see any other pictures on the moon like that so not sure if that's real either.

And to be clear it's only that image I'm not sure about, there's hundreds of 100% genuine images on the NASA site.

Indeed, and for the conspiracy theorists I always point them towards the episode of Mythbusters where Adam & Jamie debunk all the "evidence" of moon-landing fakery.

Here's the one and only place anyone needs to visit.
You see him comin' better cut out on the double

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

The Rubberband Man
I hope for this event Kal have found someone with the knowledge to work the light switch

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Just to let the guys know, the curry table is booked for 8pm, though probably ruck up 10 minutes earlier.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Everything'sRosie
Fine by me, Ryan. Cheers. I just have to hope all is well with the trains on Saturday.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Good stuff with the curry table Ryan

Everything'sRosie wrote
Fine by me, Ryan. Cheers. I just have to hope all is well with the trains on Saturday.
LNWR and WMR have put some travel advice on their website :-

https://www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk/industrialaction

https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/industrialaction

They seem to still be selling tickets for a full service, but go on to say, "be aware that train times may change at last minute, on the day."
I'll be driving.

Re: Kaleidoscope: Colour TV Comes to Town 16 November 2019

Thanks Ryan. Might be more than average dining this time, what with the Frankfurt Christmas Market in town. Already.