Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Chris Perry has just sent me an e-mail via the FB page that he has regrettably had to cancel the event tomorrow. Guests and technical back-up just can't get there due to the adverse weather conditions. I would have struggled myself due to living in an area which has been designated Red. He will arrange another date. A shame, but understandable.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Gorgeous Daze
After the initial sense of disappointment I think as we won't lose the event this could be a blessing in disguise. The weather can only be better on the rearranged date and more will be willing and able to attend. Fingers crossed for a roundly convenient Saturday.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Everything'sRosie
Indeed, GD. Apart from the obvious disappointment of not meeting up with you guys, I was really looking forward to seeing Succubus, and the pre-showing interview with its writer Bob Baker. But, yes, the event is to be rescheduled so it's just a matter of getting the new date.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

AC/PD
Sorry to hear about this from the perspective of beaten anticipation. Hopefully any who paid rail costs in advance have been refunded with next to no bother.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Yes its very frustrating indeed as The Midlands seemed to have been spared the worst of the snow, though the wind is bitingly cold. On the up side when its rearranged, we shouldn't be in need of woolly hats, gloves and scarfs.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

The Rubberband Man
My out train has been cancelled.
My return train has also been cancelled.
So I wouldn't have been there even if Chris had decided to carry on.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Knowing our luck they will go and rearrange for April the 21st. In that unlikely case i will be favouring the OFTDs meet-up over Kal. Id like to think it will be the Saturday the week before or week after Easter. I would imagine they wouldn't choose Easter weekend, though it wouldn't be no big deal with me if they do.

Chris has posted on FB that he's hoping to get the event rearranged as soon as possible (he's looking at this month) so no chance of any clash with Nantwich.

3 O'Clock. Right, who's for a pint down The Woodman?

Yep, I'm in. Looking forward to that curry later.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Gorgeous Daze
And me. Gonna be Madras for a night like this!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

AC/PD
Have you guys seen any material yet?!

Ha! Just about striking the right balance, I hope.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Knowing our luck they will go and rearrange for April the 21st. In that unlikely case i will be favouring the OFTDs meet-up over Kal. Id like to think it will be the Saturday the week before or week after Easter. I would imagine they wouldn't choose Easter weekend, though it wouldn't be no big deal with me if they do.
No question that the Nantwich Meet-up will be going ahead. Kal, or anything else, will not side track this event.
The clash is unlikely anyways as Chris was suggesting the "Not Seen on TV" event would be rescheduled to a time around the end of March. They couldn't re-book a room as BCU's IT systems had failed on Friday.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Gorgeous Daze
My money would be on the 24th then rather than the 31st at Easter weekend.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

The Rubberband Man wrote
They couldn't re-book a room as BCU's IT systems had failed on Friday.
When i read that in the email, my first thought was it whiffed slightly of cow manure. Almost as if hes thrown that one in just to help cover up the fact two of his main helpers on the day LP & TC had to travel a long way to get there and observably couldn't of made the trip. I dunno, me and my cynical mind !

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Old Grey Whistler
A lot of trains have been cancelled or disrupted so had they gone ahead with it today many people wouldn't have been able to attend. I notice that the football at Aston Villa, Wolves and Coventry was all postponed so some parts of the West Midlands must have had quite a bit of snow.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Yes, seemingly the West Midlands coped for it later in the week. Though according to Chris's email from yesterday 9AM, he did make reference to how the weather in Birmingham is `OK`. Thats his wording.

In retrospect, im pleased they did cancel as the usual Kal gang will be able to meet once again under much more salubrious conditions later this month.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

The Rubberband Man
Looking at a video I saw of snow clearance at Birmingham Airport this morning, they got quite a snowfall.
I got a refund on my non-refundable tickets because of all the train cancellations and the "Do Not Travel" warnings. I'm surprised Chris ever thought the event could ever go ahead.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Everything'sRosie
Where I am there are ten foot drifts on the more exposed country roads. There's nine inches on my driveway, we had a debate about the depth, the peeps of the close, so I went and got a ruler.