Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Everything'sRosie
Chris Perry has just emailed that the new date for the postponed Kaleidoscope event will be 14th April, so we were getting close to the 21st meet-up after all. I will be going to both, anybody else?

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

The Rubberband Man
Thankfully the date doesn't clash with anything in my social diary and I'll be able to make the rescheduled date.
So, I'm able to get to both the Kal and the Spring Meet-up, (although I know which one will be the better day  )

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Gorgeous Daze
Well there was me having you down as one of those gallant amateurs occasionally found trying their luck in the Grand National, RBM...

Anyhow yep, I'm up for both.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018

Knowing our luck they will go and rearrange for April the 21st.
Jeez, talking about almost tempting fate ! After some string pulling at work (as i have to work Saturday mornings), im able to go to both events.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Hi to the usual Kal attendees. Rather than me email you im just letting you know i will book the curry table for 8.30pm. If this is not convenient, or you cant make it or the time needs adjusting, let me know before Sunday as thats when i will book it.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze
8:30 is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Table all booked for 8.30pm. With no Beast from the East to contend with this time or hopefully no mysterious IT failure at the Kal venue, i will see you guys on Saturday.

Hi Ryan, sounds good to me. cheers.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Table all booked for 8.30pm. With no Beast from the East to contend with this time or hopefully no mysterious IT failure at the Kal venue, i will see you guys on Saturday.
Great.
I'm hoping this time it will be a bit less chili, as the weather the last time was Jalfrezing

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

The Rubberband Man
Gorgeous Daze wrote
I saw Chris Perry on the tele this morning. He was sitting on the BBC Breakfast sofa discussing recent finds, and they played the Batman Green Cross Code film. Big plug for Kaleidoscope's work.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

That's brilliant. My interest in super hero stuff starts and ends with Adam West's Batman, so to see this clip will be a real treat. This event gets better and better. That list of the 100 most wanted missing shows will be fascinating. But Chris Perry saying it's "interesting" that Top of the Pops & Doctor Who feature so much is not really much of a surprise, surely.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

The Rubberband Man wrote
I saw Chris Perry on the tele this morning. He was sitting on the BBC Breakfast sofa discussing recent finds, and they played the Batman Green Cross Code film. Big plug for Kaleidoscope's work.
Chris was also on tonight's Midlands Today talking about the Batman Green Cross Code film and other finds. A brief clip of the Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right routine was shown. The programme is available here for a short time. The feature begins at 22:08.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09ymk43

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
Very interesting GD. Thanks for the link to the show. Pan's People look lovely, though it looks like there is some tape damage which is a shame.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Thanks for the link, GD.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
Lovely screengrab AC/PD!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

AC/PD
Upper section tape damage, wasn't it, LF.
Shame the clip wasn't shown in the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
Do you think it is in 16:9 stretched or 16:9 cropped?
I think 16:9 cropped.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

VintageVideos
Ruth isn't that 'fat' so it's got to be stretched!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
I've just watched it in 4:3 and I now believe it is stretched.