Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
This looks much better

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

VintageVideos
Yep that looks just right.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

How did you manage to correct Ruth's aspect ratio, LF ?

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
I captured the iPlayer clip using my DVD recorder and changed the aspect ratio to 4:3 on VLC and took a screengrab :)

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

AC/PD
Thanks.

Strange that the other archival clips in that feature were shown in their proper 4:3 a/r.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Legsfan
Yes I thought that too, thats why I thought maybe it was cropped to fit 16:9

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

PD's screenshot is 820 * 461 pixels.  820/461 = 1,778 = 16/9
So if you simply load it in a photo/image editor and change the size to 614 * 461 pixels (614/461 = 1,33 = 4/3), you will have the same effect:

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Mikey
Blimey, looks like the description i wrote last year was reasonably accurate.

"They showed the diana ross routine early on, the girls were dancing in an audience circle and the audience all had signs with the word sorry on them, picture had the blurry edge effect"

I think i meant they had letters that spelt out the word, i'd had a few drinks earlier

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Mikey
Can anyone that went to this confirm if this was shown. Cheers.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Mikey wrote
Can anyone that went to this confirm if this was shown. Cheers.
It wasn't shown at today's event, but folk who attended the last OFTDs event in Derby got to see it.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

I hope ER managed to get his train. He decided to break out into a run as we strode back to New Street. I caught my train with about 4 minutes to spare.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Thanks Ryan

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze
Another highly enjoyable day centred around the Kal event, which certainly made for viewing as, ahem, diverse, as it was entertaining. A gem of a paranormal drama, a roasting for Pete Murray from a club of most varied celebrity gentlemen, terribly politically incorrect comedy involving the old rascal Spike Milligan again, a treat for Whovians with Bob Baker as guest interviewee, and much more. I think the old cliché of something for everyone is as warranted as it is unoriginal.

I do hope you didn't miss your train ER, a possibility arising from tardy service at the curry house which constituted the only sour note of the day's proceedings. Apologies were amply forthcoming to the remaining three of us and the cause of the delay was explained as being a rush of online orders. The reason these were given priority over us? They were worried about getting bad reviews on Just Eat...perhaps someone told them we only give reviews and ratings on an entirely different subject!

The food though was as good as usual, so just an amber warning is called for this time I think.*

*Interpretation of amber being 'as yer like'.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Old Grey Whistler
Are we absolutely certain that it was the train that ER was running for after his curry?

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze
 Odds on I'd say OGW as he'd had the fairly mild Dupiaza option!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Yes, the slow service from the curry house was a disappointment. I thought my meal was never cumin

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze
The Rubberband Man wrote
Yes, the slow service from the curry house was a disappointment. I thought my meal was never cumin
I can't beat that for a puneer!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Everything'sRosie
Haha, yes the reason for the dash was just for the train. I did make it, but my late arrival resulted in me having to stand until Droitwich Spa. Running up that slope through The Bullring played havoc on the old calf muscles.

The visual entertainment was a bit of a mixed bag yesterday. Still, what did we expect from an event based around stuff that never got broadcast? The Bob Baker scripted Succubus was good though. It would be nice to see a cleaned up sharper copy. Very atmospheric, and entirely shot on location in Provence.

The upcoming music event should be good.

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Apologies were amply forthcoming to the remaining three of us and the cause of the delay was explained as being a rush of online orders. The reason these were given priority over us? They were worried about getting bad reviews on Just Eat...
Good grief...try as I might, there is just no getting away from the 21st century!

Re: Kaleidoscope March 3rd 2018 (now 14th April)

Everything'sRosie wrote
The upcoming music event should be good.
I will be attending the music event. It was very good and was one of the highlights of 2017 for me.
I hope some special Top of the Pops stuff will be shown. Hopefully they've obtained the new Pan's People routines.

Does anyone know if this is still confirmed for the 2nd June?