Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
Kaleidoscope have released tickets for the 2nd June music event, featuring Pan's People in The Golden Seaswallow of Knokke from 1971.
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pop-goes-parkside-tickets-45712113161

Unfortunately, the Pan's People part is shown at 10.10, so I hope some of the big Pan's People fans don't miss it. My train arrives at 10.01, so it looks like a big power walk for me to make this.
I really liked it when it was at 10.30 last year as we could take our time.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone that can make on Saturday, June 2nd!

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
Thanks for link LF
I've got my tickets and looking forward to the day

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the link, Legsfan. Looking forward to this. An interview with Lynda Fletcher off "Get It Together"! That should be fun. To the uninitiated GIT was a low budget pop show complete with scruffy Brit-kid audience and co-presented by Basil Brush's right-hand man, Mr Roy (North). Essential viewing for all fans of grot TV.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Gorgeous Daze
I agree Linda Fletcher makes an appealing guest. And she always seemed so much more credible for GIT than Roy North, who was like an embarrassing uncle trying to get down with the kids. At his worst when performing with the 'hands-on' TSDs!

Funny sounding show with Pan's. Al fresco in Belgium, perhaps? Riverside was of course the arts programme that featured Sue's icy Passion In Moisture. Gerry Anderson will be there to discuss his puppet show comeback with Terrahawks (which I've virtually never seen). I have quite a soft spot for Razzmatazz so I'll look forward to seeing what's made the compilation. A bit of Dollar wouldn't go amiss. Well half to be precise. And of course the 'Pops' inserts will be interesting, though I am disappointed there's no full edition with one of the recently unearthed routines. That looked odds-on.

Please note LF that unlike last year when the music event was held in the Curzon Building, this time it's in the Parkside Building which is the last one you pass before the Curzon Building. (So a little less power walking for you ).

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
Thanks GD! I would have gone to the wrong place and would have definitely missed it.
It's also worth noting that the Pan's People show was originally recorded in colour, but sadly only survives in black and white.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Yes i will see you guys on the 2nd then. Bit of a shame that the pinnacle of the days event takes place right at the start, but the rest of the event does look most watchable. Really looking forward to the Linda Fletcher interview and another dose of `Get It Together`. If thats anywhere near as funny/entertaining as the episode shown last June, then folk won't be disappointed.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
Can you remember ryan which episode of get it together was shown last year

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Everything'sRosie
Hi Jez, if I might answer that. It was an episode from 1978 featuring Shakin' Stevens, among others. It provided one of the biggest laughs of the day. A pre-fame Shaky performed his new single "Justine". Which basically comprised of him repeating the name Justine ad infinitum. Switch to quiz section straight after, and a hapless Linda Fletcher asks gormless teen: "What was the name of the girl Shakin' Stevens was singing about?"...dunno.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Why dont you come along Jez. You will enjoy it.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
I enjoyed my last trip to kal ,very much ,and as always it was good to meet up with friends from oftds ,and I know that if I cant make these events ,then the next best thing is reading about the days info on here.Linda Fletcher is a lovely lady ,who doesent give herself enough credit for her past career ,ive spoken in the past by message to linda ,and im sure she will be a perfect guest for the days event.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Funny sounding show with Pan's. Al fresco in Belgium, perhaps?
I'm afraid not GD, its essentially a concert performed by Lance Legault, he plays it cool and sings some bluesy type songs and Pans provide backing dances on some of the songs. Flick and Lance were no strangers and had worked together the previous year (1970) on the play Catch My Soul, shown in the article here. Additionally we now also know that Pans performed as backing dancers when Lance appeared on TOTPs also in December 1970. This was also produced by Stanley Dorfman who worked with Pans loads on shows such as Lulu and Bobby Gentry.

Doesnt look they spent much on the titles.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Gorgeous Daze
Thanks for filling in some of the mystery Mikey. All in all it doesn't sound the kind of thing that would enthuse high ratings from me, sadly.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

PattiforPM
Also strong contender for worst Pans People pic ever

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
The BFI event is on Saturday, August 11.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

PattiforPM wrote
Also strong contender for worst Pans People pic ever
Well the original is nice, before the graphics dept went all arty. Perhaps it looked better in colour

Page 82 of 'the book' in case you were wondering.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
In the "The Unseen Pops" – inserts filmed but never used in the programme segment, we're being promised the performances of "(I Can't Get Me No) Satisfaction" by Devo (1978) and Deborah Harry's "Brite Side" (1989). Looking forward to seeing them.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Just to let the usual Kal curry gang know on this thread (rather than email them all) that i will be booking the table this coming weekend for the 2nd. Bearing in mind the slowness of service last time, its only wise i bring the time forward a bit. So im thinking 8pm (it was 8.30pm last time). Let me know before the weekend if this is not satisfactory and i can alter it.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Everything'sRosie
Fine with me, Ryan.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Thanks Ryan. 8 is exactly the time I would have suggested, like you say just to be on the safe side after last month's delay.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
8's great for me. I've an Advance ticket for my last train home so plenty of time to enjoy a Rogan Rosh

 🍛 😛 🍛