Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
Unfortunately I am unable to make dinner. I wish I had booked a later train, but it would have meant walking in the dark for 2hrs.
Enjoy!

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

CoffeeThing
I'm very jealous of you all. Would love to be there but alas not possible.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
I think ive read that the show featuring pans people,has been now removed from saturdays event.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
But it looks as though all is not lost ,because instead some more totp clips are being shown ,including untransmitted legs and co rehersal sequences.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ wrote
I think ive read that the show featuring pans people,has been now removed from saturdays event.
Well where exactly did you read this Jez ? Thats pretty darn bad news if its true. Attendees like myself had a reminder email this morning about the event, and Pans are still listed at 10.10am.

10.10am The Golden Seaswallow of Knokke 14-8-71 with Pan’s People.

Though Legs & Co would be a fine replacement.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ wrote
I think ive read that the show featuring pans people,has been now removed from saturdays event.
Well where exactly did you read this Jez ? Thats pretty darn bad news if its true. Attendees like myself had a reminder email this morning about the event, and Pans are still listed at 10.10am.

10.10am The Golden Seaswallow of Knokke 14-8-71 with Pan’s People.
It's true.
Chris Perry has posted on Facebook :-

A little re-jig of the schedule for Saturday because we are not going to show The Golden Seaswallow. We have better plans for you all.

10.10 am RIVERSIDE
Mike Andrews talks to ex-member of Japan Steve Jansen. Nick Heyward joins Steve Blacknell’s Back Chat and the show also features Gerry Anderson.
3 October 1983, BBC2.

10.45 am THE FROST PROGRAMME
David Frost interviews John Lennon and George Harrison with participation from the studio audience.
4 October 1967, Rediffusion.

The slot for Riverside later has more Top of the Pops content instead.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ wrote
But it looks as though all is not lost ,because instead some more totp clips are being shown ,including untransmitted legs and co rehersal sequences.
Though Legs & Co would be a fine replacement.
... and Chris has also posted :-

We are showing some untransmitted sequences from Legs and Co (rehearsal footage) and some untransmitted inserts for Top of the Pops - Devo, Debbie Harry, Hazel O'Connor etc. Songs recorded but not used because the track went down and not up the charts.

So, now very much looking forward to the untransmitted sequences from Legs and Co (rehearsal footage).

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

I’m not going but has any reason been given for not showing the Golden Seaswallow with Pan’s People part?
I am presuming it does exist still. ( Forgive the ignorance but I do not know how these events work ).

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man wrote
So, now very much looking forward to the untransmitted sequences from Legs and Co (rehearsal footage).
As long as its not the untransmitted rehearsal of `Mighty Power Of Love` as most of us have watched that at Derby.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Hanway2 wrote
I’m not going but has any reason been given for not showing the Golden Seaswallow with Pan’s People part?
I am presuming it does exist still. ( Forgive the ignorance but I do not know how these events work ).
Sometimes the person who owns the vid decides they don't want it to be shown any more. Sometimes the Kal guys think they will show something that is more widely appealing than something which is already on the agenda. Who knows in this instance.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Hanway2
Thanks for letting me know. It is a pity if it were the first reason, perhaps it will get a wider audience some time. It makes me wonder how many other clips of Pan’s and other culturally important stuff is out there, but the owner of the piece prefers to keep it out of the gaze of the enthusiastic public.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
It's sad that Pan's People won't be shown, but now I won't get all hot and red running to the event.
I look forward to the Legs & Co clips, though I wouldn't mind seeing the Tavares clip.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Doc

When you get to Birmingham really early and then find it's for no reason! There seems to be a GBG pub round the corner I think I'll go there.
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Everything'sRosie
I'm going to be a bit late, due to a "jumper" on the tracks. Trains cancelled south of Brum until 11ish. See you all later.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Mikey
The Legs & Co rehearsal footage sounds interesting, hopefully someone can report back on that later.

Very dry start but we have been promised 55 minutes of Pan's People and Legs and Co this afternoon!
Look how sharp my screen grab is!

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

AC/PD
Are you inferring that they haven't opened the bar yet?

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
Doc or anyone else attending ,would you if possible please try and take a few notes ,either written or mental,of what is shown of the dancers ,also if you possibly can ,what songs r performed on the get it together edition .many tthanks.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
Hopefully you will get the chance to see the never can say goodbye and the night routines