Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
Mikey wrote
Also does anyone know if they are doing a show at the BFI this year?
Yes, the August BFI event was confirmed yesterday. The last I heard it was going to be on Saturday, 11th August.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

AC/PD
As OGW said, thanks for the accounts posted both during and after the event.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Thanks for the interesting report Ryan, and disappointed to have missed all those entertaining out-takes, especially the handbag pitching!

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Thanks Legsfan, guess i'll wait and see.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

JEZ
Thank you everyone for the info from saturdays event,and thank y gorgeous daze for the info on get it together that was shown ,can I ask were there any more clips of linda shown ,or just the first edition one ,also I know linda sang smile on the first show ,but can anyone recall what roy sang on the show ,that was shown on Saturday.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Doc
He only sang the theme tune, which was enough for most of us.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Suefan wrote
Thanks for the interesting report Ryan, and disappointed to have missed all those entertaining out-takes, especially the handbag pitching!
You would like the reaction after the bag flew off. It's not often that Sue lets the professional appearance slip.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Hanway2
This does sound like a great event to attend, I hope that I can go there on a future occasion.
Thank you all for keeping those of us who were not able to go informed of the proceedings and whatever items of interest to us  Dancing Queen fans were to be seen.  Is there any news on the next one yet?

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Everything'sRosie
Hanway2 wrote
Is there any news on the next one yet?
There are 4 Kaleidoscope events each year in Birmingham, but 3 of those 4 are for drama/comedy/miscellaneous stuff. There will not be another music event until June 2019.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Hanway2
In a year’s time! Yes, time for a  sad face too.
But, I bet the others have good stuff as well, even if no music, dancing and like merriment.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

I wonder why they decided to change the scheduled November 1978 edition of get it together ,to the April 1977 one ,was any explanation given

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
JEZ wrote

Yes, the edition shown was the first ever Get It Together. It was more relevant to the day, and Peter Walker, who was the Director of that show, was also at the Kal event.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
What else was amazing was an edition of Ready Steady Go that featured The Beatles.
Paul was asked to judge a competition where girls mimed and danced to a record, and he chose Girl 4 as the winner.
A few years later, after reading a story in a newspaper about Melanie Coe, a 17-year-old A-level schoolgirl from Stamford Hill London who went missing, wrote the song "She's Leaving Home".  The amazing thing, and unbeknown to Paul at the time, the winner of the "Ready Steady Go" competition was Melanie Coe.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

VintageVideos
Paul was already dead by then.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man
VintageVideos wrote
Paul was already dead by then.
No. It's true. You can watch it on Youtube

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Yes it was probably changed because peter walker directed that first edition,apparently two of the audience from that very first edition of get it together ,also attended the event on Saturday ,although I dont suppose the organisers would have been aware of that prior to the day ,what a trip down memory lane it must have been for those ladies ,seeing themselves for the first time in 41 years again on tv

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Legsfan
Do Kaleidoscope check YouTube before these events? Quite a few things that were shown can be found on the web, but I'm not complaining because I found some of the Razzmatazz clips from the weekend that I really like.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

The Rubberband Man wrote
VintageVideos wrote
Paul was already dead by then.
No. It's true. You can watch it on Youtube
Sorry, I was referring to the conspiracy theory that Paul died in a car crash in 1966. I thought the reference was obvious. I didn't doubt what you wrote.

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

Can you remember what any of the performances from razzmatazz that were shown saturday legsfan

Re: Kaleidoscope Music Event - 2nd June 2018

VintageVideos wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
VintageVideos wrote
Paul was already dead by then.
No. It's true. You can watch it on Youtube
Sorry, I was referring to the conspiracy theory that Paul died in a car crash in 1966. I thought the reference was obvious. I didn't doubt what you wrote.
I knew what you meant Vin    I was using your post as a way of linking to the Youtube vid.
As Legsfan has said, so much of that Ready Steady Go programme is already on Youtube, I don't know why they bothered showing it.
On saying that, because the Frost Show / Beatles appearance was also already on Youtube, we did get to see, after a unanimous vote, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi talking about Transcendental Meditation  😆 😆 😆