LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

80schick
Tiswas ITV.
Legs & Co appeared on this anarchic ATV Saturday morning show in the late 1970s.

Celebrity It's A Knockout BBC1.
‘It’s A Knockout’ must rank as one of the tackiest programmes of the Seventies. However that didn’t stop me, or millions of other viewers, tuning in each week and loving every minute of it. The programmes were presented by the wonderfully OTT Stuart Hall and featured three teams fighting each other over water obstacles and inflatables. Every year from 1975 until 1981 the BBC broadcast a celebrity special that usually featured The Lord’s Taverners and a host of B-list celebrities (ie Radio 1 DJs, cast members from ‘On The Buses’, etc). Legs & Co made an appearance on this 1977 edition.

Jim'll Fix It BBC1.
1978
Jim fixed it for some young girls to dance along to ABBA’s “Take A Chance On Me” with Legs & Co.

Multi-Coloured Swap Shop BBC1.
The BBC’s answer to Tiswas hosted by Noel Edmonds. Other guests on this edition of the popular Saturday morning kid’s show were Peter Shilton, Cleo Laine, Johnny Dankworth and The Pleasers.

Celebrity It's A Knockout BBC1.
Yet another appearance for Legs & Co on this ‘It’s A Knockout’ celebrity special.

The British Rock & Pop Awards BBC1.
Ten years before Mick Fleetwood and Samantha Fox turned the British Record Industry into a laughing stock the BBC broadcast the first annual ‘British Rock & Pop Awards”. This ceremony would in later years become “The British Record Industry Awards” before eventually being called “The Brits”. Legs & Co featured in this 1979 ceremony along with Dave Dee, Georgie Fame, Mary Hopkin, Hank Marvin and Dusty Springfield. Hardly contemporary was it?

Blue Peter BBC1.
December 1979
In December 1979 Mike Oldfield released his version of the Blue Peter theme tune in order to raise money for the programme’s Cambodia appeal. Legs & Co did their bit to promote the single by performing on Blue Peter dressed in sailor suits.

Basil's Christmas Cruise BBC1.
The ‘Basil’ in question is that annoying little hand puppet Basil Brush. His 1980 Christmas show was set aboard a luxury liner and involved the hunt for a stolen ruby. Legs & Co must have been the ship’s cabaret act.

Jim'll Fix It BBC1.
1980/1981

Doctor Who Magazine.
Issue 283 (1999)
To celebrate the magazine’s twentieth anniversary, DWM Issue 283 featured a comic strip entitled “TV Action!” illustrated by Roger Langridge. The Doctor travels back in time to the BBC Television Centre circa 1979 where Legs & Co are dancing to Art Garfunkel’s Bright Eyes. Strangely, the comic strip only features four members of Legs & Co.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

Suefan
Thanks again 80schick.  Bags I get to have Sue on my team in It's a Knockout

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

80schick
I will get the detail's for the 2nd Jim'll Fix It appearance. I have the book so will type it all up. Thats if you all dont mind. You see I am a Pans fan but I do have alot of other things in my collection.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

Suefan
80schick.  Legs second Jim'll fix it was I think 9/2/80 when they reprised a bit of their Jazz Carnival.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

I really appreciate your work 80schick especially if Legs are not your cup of tea (keep trying them though, they might be an acquired taste)

Yes that is correct a boy wanted to be a light tech. He did the lighting and Legs & Co danced to that song. On the book I have there is pictures of Legs & Co in rehearsals, backstage etc.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

80schick
I do like Legs & Co but I like Pans people better. I have a favorite just like the rest of you.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

Hey SueFan, how come your avatar is blank now on this Thread and only 2 posts?

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

Young Mister Grace
More great information, 80schick. Thanks for this valuable contribution to our pool of knowledge.

Much appreciated.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

I don't know P4pm.  I did change my password yesterday so perhaps that has upset the system.  I'm no computer buff as you know.  Whenever I enter this thread it tells me I'm not registered and asks me to fill in some check digit form.  Perhaps the gods are punishing me for my outburst over Pans yesterday.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

Who's That Hurll
What is the archival status of these appearances please?.
I know Tiswas and the Rock and Pop awards are on the site. What about the others?. Have they been wiped or destroyed?.
On another thread Patti4pm says he has some It's A Knockout clips, but does the show exist in full elsewhere?.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

PattiforPM
Here's what I know Mr Hurll: Celeb It's a Knockout 1977 and 1978 I have and will send some clips to YMG but sadly no dancing.  Jim'll Fix It 1978 and 1980 are in the BBC Archive I believe.  Multicoloured Swapshop is wiped.  Basil's Cruise I have and will be sending clips to YMG later. I believe the Blue Peter appearance is also in the archive.  As you rightly say Tiswas is on the Blog but sadly not the dancing from the same show and I don't know if someone has this.

Re: LEGS & CO'S Work Outside TOTPS.

JEZ
Thats a name from the past that has turned up ,80s chick ,you know how i was only reading some old posts the other day and both 80s chick and Lps ,both said on posts that they had got some rare wiped routines of pans they were gonna post ,and strangely enough after telling us that ,both seemed to disappear around about the same time last year ,never to be heard of again ,i wondered what happened to them
JEZ