LENAS DANCERS

JEZ
Hi when i first joined one for the dads i bought up the subject of if anyone else could remember watching the lena martell show in 1979 and that i seemed to recall a memory of seeing ruby flipper on the show ,i dont think people believed a word of what i was saying i think probably because i was new, people were unsure of if my memory of things was a little far fetched but i am almost positive in my mind that i remember some of the legs girls were on this show ,but my point is since i first mentioned this subject in early january when the site was new and members were small in number ,i am now hoping that with 40 registered users and plenty of unregistered users browsing these threads ,that someone else can remember something about the show in question and the dancers on it ,im sure the jez family were not the only family in the uk in the summer of 79 sitting watching bbc 2 come on there was only 3 channels to choose from then by the way, and seeing lena belt out one day at a time sweet jesus ,on her weekly tv show ,i know ryan and p4pm are doing their bit of detective work but i have really hit a brick wall with any more info on this show and her dancers ,and now it is really buggin me because if i say something i like to prove i am right if people doubt my info ,also you never know we could be missing out on some gems of ruby routines that are sat gathering dust at the bbc archives room ,her weely music show made in 1979 was titled lenas music

Re: LENAS DANCERS

PattiforPM
I'm still on it Jez....

Re: LENAS DANCERS

I thought this was a thread appreciating the dancers backing this year's Eurovision Song Contest entry from Germany...

The Estonian entry this year though reminded me a lot of the "Summertime City" performance with Mike Batt singing and Pan's People dancing around cardboard buildings...