LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- [January]

LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN  Dance number 82 by Legs & Co
Performed by David Soul and reached number 8 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 05/01/78 Duration of dance --  2.22 mins
Dancers --  Gill, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Pauline 78            Gill 75
Lulu 76                Sue 75
Rosie 76              Patti 74
A link to the dance
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2438im_legs-co-lets-have-a-quiet-night-in-totp-tx-05-01-1978_creation

An okay routine, nothing more than that for me. But what was Flick to do with this piece of sentimental slush from the `Ballad Cop` himself David Soul. Yep, dress the girls in black nighties and ask them to cavort about in their own private Love boudoir with scattered cushions strew about the place, that was the only option. I have to say i adore the setting, those rectangle hanging shapes remind me of Potato Waffles.
   The star of the show was Gill, who bagged the prime central position in her very own fur lined pit. Gill looked quite exquisite in this, i thought she had a few average performances towards the end of 77, but i know she improves from here on in. As i say the routine was nothing more than okay, so its a `6 out of 10` from me.

My dancer of the day--`Gill`.

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Pauline's perm has been mentioned, no Lulu, a solo by Gill, and the one and only gorgeous Sue all in black nighties from L.Rowland Warner's costumes, and acres of shag pile carpet (it looked like at the end of Gill's solo spot she was sinking into said shag pile like quicksand)

All too brief, not a patch on the first offering of 1977 (David Soul - Don't Give Up), but really sexy, but sadly only a 3 for me and an added point for seeing the always delicious and ultimate sex goddess Sue in a black nightie - phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/10

Imagine said girls in black nighties enticing you into their Love boudoir - I'm off for a good long think about that scenario...

EDIT: dancer of the day: Gill

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

The year of 1978 gets off to a cracking start with this little gem, the set is looks like a traditional oriental parlour room, the actual routine is really five routines in one if you will, with all five dancers, performing their own solo piece at various intervals, & each looking ready for bedtime, wearing elegant black night-dresses.
Despite Lulu's absene here, I can't help but score this one highly:-

9/10

Dancer of The Day:-

Gill
Justin
Stu

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Stu
Not sure I'll be returning to this one too many times, despite the comfiest looking dance floor I've ever seen it doesn't really do it for me. This year as well as giving a score for the dance I'm also going to pick out my favourite performance from all of our lovelies and this week my man of the match award goes to Gill.  :-)

5/10

Stuey

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

I think this is a great visual treat with the Dancers looking perfectly divine in a much higher class version of Hugh Heffner's Mansion in the 1970s.  The song is quite soppy IMO but it is transformed by Legs & Co.  As others have mentioned Gill stars and is quite lovely with her smooth moves, golden locks and million pound smile.  I find this all very appealing and would mark this 7.5/10

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Andeebee
but didn't Patti look a million dollars with her come hither eyes....she'll have you quaking in your boots P4PM

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

PattiforPM
She sure did ADB and i admit to a few presses of the pause button, however I have to give Gill the nod as what we in N America refer to MVP (Most Valuable Player) or your Man of the Match

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Suefan
Given the date of this performance I'm guessing that neither Flick nor the dancers had that much time to put this one together, but again it suits the song very well and the costume choice is inspired!  A shame that Santa forget to deliver Lulu's nightie but still worth a 7.5.

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

The first Legs & Co routine of the year starts off with a nice side-profile shot of Pauline, looking like she'd been the recipient of a set of Carmen Rollers for Christmas.
She dances expressively, as do the other four ladies individually on a lovely-looking shagpile-floored set, complete with attractive light fittings, hanging from above.
All in all, a most suitable environment in which a quiet one could be spent.
Whether or not the song's to ones taste, it's a pretty decent soft ballad and the slow, reclining dance routine suits both the track and the set.
Gill does shine most notably in this one, looking rather delightful, it has to be said.
As I think this all blends together rather nicely, I'm going to give it 8/10.
My Dancer of the Day is Gill.

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

those girls will be a match for any man, including us old tired middle age folk...

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Old Bill
Can't say I'm too excited about this one, but it's the song's fault not the girls.

The dance is gentle and romantic, but never gets a chance to get going.

Our quintet look fantastic in their nighties, but points are lost for the screen blocking Rosie and no Lulu!

How many sheep died for this I wonder....?

just 4/10 from me. And unsurprisingly Gill for the dancer of the day too.

Jeremiah 31:13

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

When i first watched this dance in 1978 ,i remember the song was not a song i was over keen on at the time ,it wasnt a record i would have gone out and purchased at the time ,im pretty sure my first few records of this year that i bought early in 1978 were ,if i had words,native new yorker ,uptown top rankin ,and that god damn awfull ,just one more night ,whatever possesed me to buy that single ill never know ,but it obviously appealed to me back then ,anyway because i wasnt keen on the david soul number ,i remember thinking at the time ,oh the legs and co routine was ok ,and up until a couple of years ago ,what i thought id remembered about legs and co performing to it ,was the girls just lying around on shag pile rugs ,anyway when i viewed it again after 33 years ,i realised it wasnt rugs that they were covorting on ,and the dance entailed a lot more to it ,just shows that you cant always trust your memory ,anyway i really like the song now im older ,and i love the dance to it ,ill give 8 out of 10

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Andeebee
We all buy record howlers Jez, best consigned to the attic/basement/thrift shop/or bin

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

JEZ
yes andee ,im probably more guilty than anyone on here of buying some shall we say ,not to brag about records from as early as 1973 ,including monster mash ,i love you love me love, to name  just a few

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

VintageVideos
I bought monster mash as well. It's not that bad!

no i suppose the record wasnt that bad ,compared to me admitting i also owned donny osmonds young love the same year vin

funny you mention that, cause it was the only Donny Osmond record that I liked (though I didn't buy the 45). Some of the singles I bought in 73 were Hocus Pocus, All The Way From Memphis, Mean Girl & Stuck In The Middle With You.

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

Old Bill
Drifting OT... but re: Hocus Pocus - I'm off to see Focus in a couple of weeks. Jolly excited! :-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

It's pleasant enough but doesn't really do anything for me,the dance or the song.I do like it when Gill runs around and twirls however.
5/10
Star:Gill

Re: LETS HAVE A QUIET NIGHT IN -- 1978

The set certainly looks cosy and the girls are suitably attired for a quiet night in - although the routine is too lethargic for my liking.

My score: 5/10

My Dancer of the Day: As already stated, but to reiterate, Gill - the only interesting part of the routine for me.
12