LONELY BOY -- [April]

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

No accolades are allowed for Floid in DOTD, but i agree ole bob-a-job had one of his better days in this.

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

PattiforPM
His little sister told me she would accept the Award in his absence

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

Old Grey Whistler
Only faint praise from Ryan but I think Floid was brilliant in this and rate this as his best performance on TOTP, better than anything he did with Ruby Flipper.

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

PattiforPM
Better than the Duck??

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

Sorry if my praise of Floid appeared to be faint OGW. Thats certainly not the case, the boy did well in this and took his part splendidly, as did Patti. When there is a clear defined role for him in a routine, well thats fine i guess. Its when there isn't that i get narked about him joining the girls.

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

Dancer
Thank you Ryan.  I forgot that he was a "guest dancer".  I will re-opt for Patti then as she was lovely.

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

The Rubberband Man
Some of the comments above are quite interesting, ranging from the bizarre to the mind boggling. Who’d have thought such a simple dance routine would provoke such a reaction?

It’s really welcome to see Floid back again, playing the part of the lonely boy – who could even consider anybody else to dance with L&C?..... and him being big brother to Patti works very well in this instance.

Fast paced fun routine with huge skirts that are suited for all flapping that’s going on. Sadly there’s no reconciliation in the brother / sister relationship at the end, but the Floid / Patti pas de deux is wonderful – especially all the lifts that Floid performs.

8/10
DOTD - Patti

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

brandonb
10/10 DOTD: Patti

I really love this routine and both Patti and Floid do a fantastic job here. The only criticism one could make about this routine is the lack of stuff for the other girls to do apart from support duties... but then this is really about Patti and Floid so... Patti's expressions and movements + interplay with Floid are superb - and Floid perfectly mirrors this. Really they should both be DOTD but since this is about Legs and Co. and Floid isn't really a member and we can't have two DOTD anyway it has to go to Patti. While I'm not a huge fan of this song... it's ok - and having just watched the entire TOTP's containing this I have to say that it was by far the best song on that evening! So superb routine, superb Patti, superb Floid - bravo all round!

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

Everything'sRosie
One of those rare Legs routines that does little for me. Not that it's particularly bad, it isn't, but I find it all a little dull just like the record. Floid and Patti do the bulk of the work here so it would be churlish to consider anyone else for DOTD. So let me think...Floid or Patti? Hmm (thinks long and hard). Hey, who am I kidding! It's Patti of course.

Marks: Just a 6.5/10 from me.

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

CoffeeThing
A bit ballet, a bit disco, a total masterpiece. I love this one, it's great to see Floid, but the star of the show is the lovely Patti in what is one of her best performances for me. She is just magnificent, great moves, full of expressions and just perfect. Ably supported by the rest if the girls very much in ballet mode, it's a 9.75/10 and DOTD is Patti.
This week, I are be mostly eating fish

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

Legs are looking super beautiful in this routine and it is nice to see the return of Floid. By watching this routine I think they should have bought Floid in on a more regular basis. The whole routine with Floid and Patti works really well. The routine is actually quite funny and it was good that they kept the whole troupe in this routine because it could have worked as well with just Patti and Floid as a duet.
Rating: 10/10
DOTD: Patti

Re: LONELY BOY -- [April]

MADMAX
Not a bad number this one, love all the antics  between Patti and Floid, just classic! carried out perfectly. A nice variation from the norm. Watch this one quite a lot     "9.5"     DOTD    Without a doubt, Patti.  (well done Floid)
123