Quantcast

LOVE HIT ME -- [April]

LOVE HIT ME  Dance number 30 by Legs & Co.
Performed by  Maxine Nightingale and reaching No 11 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 07/04/77 Duration of dance -- 2.18 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Patti,Pauline,Rosie,Sue.

Lulu 30                      Pauline 30                 Rosie 30
Sue 30                       Patti 28                     Gill 27
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25bt13_legs-co-love-hit-me-totp-tx-07-04-1977_creation

Splendid stuff, this is what separates Legs & Co from any other dance troupe, the ability to put in a performance thats out of the ordinary. Not sure if their illustrious predecessors from 68 to 76 had this ability ? Some great scenes too. Pauline being toweled off by Gill, then Patti showing us her fast fists, super cute Lulu leaning on the ropes, Lulu thinking shes the champ only for Gill to scupper that.
  I must admit its been a pleasure to revisit this one, full of colour and humour, a well thought out routine. I have no problems in giving this knockout performance top marks , 10 out of 10.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

Suefan
As you say Ryan this is worthy of top marks.  Wonderful invention, wonderful execution and well deserving of a gold.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

PattiForPM
Truly a fun-packed routine and the ladies act their parts with just the right amount of parody and look so sweet while taking swings at each other.  Those named shorts and hair ribbons all add to the well thought out picture.  I really enjoyed viewing this one again (as Ryan said too) as it is not one of my regular watches either and it's a great example of the vast range of Flick and Legs & Co.  Only the song itself detracts a little for me but that's really nit-picking I admit as it enabled such a fine piece of work to happen.  8/10

Re: LOVE HIT ME

Paperboyplod
This is quite obviously one of Flick's typically literal dance routines on the strengths of the song title alone, depicting a boxing match. But one which is rather bizarre, six boxers in the ring, & no referee, whats that all about?. Anyways at least no real blood was drawn, even if five knock-out punches were thrown, alas, Lulu finished up as chief bridesmaid, winning silver, the winner being Gillian. Rather worryingly that lighting fixture hanging rather low imediately above the ring looked like it was going to crash down on top of the girls in the middle of the bout, fortunately, that didn't happen.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

bucksby
This post was updated on .
I like the song and the routine is fantastic, Legs were punching above their weight here (sorry!). I can even give the Olympics a plug here , well boxing is an olympic event. 9 out of 10.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

Suefan
Ladies boxing for real.  The world truly has gone mad!

Re: LOVE HIT ME

bucksby
and just to add another Olympics themed note this olympics 2012 is the first to allow female boxing.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

Suefan
Yes I was alluding to the current event in my previous comment rather than to the Legs dance.  Old fashioned and out of step with modern trends maybe but ladies boxing is never going to be a hit in this household.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

PattiForPM
I'm marching with you SueFan on this issue.  Actually in this day and age I think we should be taking a long hard look at this sport in women and men too given the disturbing picture of people like the previously graceful Mr Ali and the state of our scientific knowledge about brain injury.  Sorry to get all serious but that's the way this subject is.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

As Team GB`s Nicola Adams wins a Gold Medal in the Womens Flyweight boxing. My stance on this is that nobody is forcing these people to fight. At least the sport is regulated, by banning it, it would only force it underground so to speak and in turn making it far more dangerous for the pugilists who take part.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

PattiForPM
Gettting more serious by the moment sorry but I wouldn't ban it completely either (let's legalize drugs too as I think this illegality policy is completely failing there and puts money into the pockets of organised crime instead of Government coffers) but I would take Boxing out of the Olympics to emphasize that our youth should not be encouraged to harm their developing nervous system by an event that is supposed to represent the highest sporting endeavours of the human race.

Re: LOVE HIT ME

Suefan
Not advocating a ban, just not a fan of ladies punching each other or attempting to kick each other in the head but to each his own.  And while touching on the Olympics a shame that Viljoen could not hang on to that third place in the javelin but what a great series from Spotakova.  A seasons best in that stadium took some doing.  Great stuff.

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

Floid Fan
Again this is one of the best Legs routines I've watched since Legs and Co usurped Ruby Flipper asa resident dance troupe. Very well done, lots of inventive imitative boxing moves, lots of variety and just a fun routine.  8.5 out of 10.
Carl

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

BeautifulBabs
Better stay on the right side of you then Benja

One of my fav routines there's nothing like it- desert island legs routine

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Stu

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

Stu
I love this so much, by far and away my favourite. I'm only watching L&C performances as they appear on the TOTP 77 reruns so I realise there's still a lot out there I haven't seen yet. I'm resisting looking at them on here as I like looking forward to a new one every week, it's almost like being around 35 years ago and seeing them for the first time. I may be wrong but I'd be surprised if one tips up that I like better than this. Just brilliant! If I could give more than ten out of ten (like those mathematically challenged panel judges that say things like 'a thousand percent') I would... but I can't so...

10/10

Stuey

P.S This seems like a fitting point to call it day for this evening, I'll return to conclude my scoring soon.

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

I wish the controller of BBC4 could read your comments to this dance. Be even more of a shame for new fans of the dancers to have their weekly viewing axed only a quarter of the way through Legs tenure on the show. Lets just hope they carry on with the re-runs.

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

Old Bill
Let's pray indeed Ryan. I was wondering / hoping that maybe his threat to drop future Pops was more just muscle-flexing, so he can show how concerned he is and they're being very responsible but in the end after careful consideration they will go ahead with the repeats because there's no need not to. But well done Mr Klein for being aware of everything. etc etc.

Anyhoo. the dance.

Just like most others I have to say this is one my faves. Fun & sexy, beatiful & silly, great steps and great faces. Nice outfits. Original! Lulu blows me a kiss. <3 The song isn't too bad. What more can you want? One of Flick's & Legs' finest moments.

Love it.

10/10.
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: LOVE HIT ME -- 1977

Andeebee
I wasn't sure bout this routine, I'm still out on this - does it get a 10 or a 9.5, decision's....9.7 then