Legs Cabarets....

Sue Me3nhenick
 The Legs and Co cabaret shows were obviously updated and the shows changed so as to not become stale and dated musically.Flick choreographed at least 3/4 different shows for us from between 76 through to 81. Its interesting to see the picture with Rosko and ourselves that has been posted..... the chinese outfits were worn for our opening number by EmmyLou Harris...."Cest la Vie(You never can tell)" track. (I remember the dresses came off quite quickly to reveal another costume underneath !)   Here is a list of some of the other songs we performed to....
Just got to be Free (Denise Williams )
Im every Women (Chakka Khan)
Sugar and Spice (Thats what girls are made of )   Cant remember the artist !
Dont you think Im Sexy (Rod Stewart)
Lay down Sally (Eric Clapton)
Once Twice Three Times a Lady (Commodores)
Loving You Has Made Me Bananas (Comedy featuring the 6ft banana from Supernature !)
Nina Simone (Cant remember the song, but Pauline danced as Pierott to it )
These are just a few songs from the early days.....
Then after Pauline sadly left and Anita joined, (also the show Susie must have seen) the cabaret list was :

Whole Lotta Love (Led Zepplin)
Betty Davies Eyes (Kim Karnes)
The Beat (Think it was Tears of a Clown)
Hit the Road Jack (Ray Charles)
Will you ? (Hazel O Conner)
Johnny be Good (Chuck Berry)
In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
Its My Turn (Diana Ross)
Al Jarreau (Cant remember the name of the track at the moment !)
After the Gold Rush (EmmyLou Harris version)
You Make Me Feel (Sylvester)

Later on, a few changes were made post TOTPS and Floid stepped in as choreographer for a couple of numbers...

Beat It (Michael Jackson)
Start Me Up (Rolling Stones)
Fever (Peggy Lee )
Nipple to the Bottle (Grace Jones)

There are bound to be more..... I need to delve into the memory bank again !

The Pans People cabaret was not really a show in the same way as either Ruby Flipper or Legs and Co, but I remember some of the early numbers as :
Baby Love (Diana Ross)
Stuck in the Middle with you (Stealers Wheel)
Move on Up (Cant momentarily recall the Group!)

Ruby Flipper included amongst some other songs....
The Continental
Breaking up is Hard to Do (Neil Seddarka ? Dont think Ive spelt that right !!)
Hervest to the World.....

Which ever group and show we did at the time, there was certainly variety!!

                                        Sue Menhenick.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sue Menhenick
   (Think Ive just found an interesting new way of spelling my name ! Oops !

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Suefan
Hi Sue, what a splendidly varied selection of sounds to dance too.  I'm even more jealous now of all those who got to see your cabaret, the lucky blighters.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Thanks so much Sue but I think I've got the Fever now and i really have to go listen to the Grace Jones song!  These lists are so interesting and make me even more sad to have been stupid anough not to have gone to see you in Cabaret

Re: Legs Cabarets....

JEZ
yes thanks sue for the info ,were the routines of its my turn and baby love the same as the ones you did on totp ,or were they choreographed especially for the cabaret shows

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sue Menhenick
Both "Baby Love" and "Its My Turn" were re choreographed for the cabaret shows,so the routines were different  Jez.

                                                                                                                           Sue Menhenick.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

PattiForPM
Sue I hesitate to ask but do you recall any details of the "Fever" routine?  It's just such a hot song and I can only imagine you ladies ramping up the thermometer so a dose of reality might control my hyperthermia at least a little.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sue Menhenick
I  remember it was a solo done by one of the girls from the final line up.... first Liz and then later Tanya. (Sadly it wasnt Patti, she would have been brilliant....) The costume was a slinky flame red coloured dress , with a slashed skirt effect to resemble flames !!!      (Need a fire extinguisher ??)
                                                                              Best.....     Sue
LNV

Re: Legs Cabarets....

LNV
Hi Sue, many thanks for your reminiscences. That photo of you all with Mr. Rosko is one my favourites and to think you wore those costumes in your cabaret act and ... “the dresses came off quite quickly...” well you are all wearing stockings and suspenders underneath, so at that moment I probably would have passed out!!

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Thanks Sue.I've been curious for a while about the cabarets and what you danced to.One of my favourite Ruby dances is The Continental,i just love Lulu in that one.I've looked in my Guinness book of British singles,and Curtis Mayfield sang Move On Up,The Searchers sang Sugar And Spice.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sue Menhenick
The " Sugar and Spice " song was not the Searchers version SuPaLu, it was another song..... sort of disco version ?! But you are quite right about "Move on Up", it was indeed Curtis Mayfield.
                                                                                             Best.....       Sue .

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sweet English chicks fan
  Hi Sue
            You really hit the spot today with your post, I think i would have sold a body part to see all six of you dance
 to the Stones " Start me up ", while you're on line, i pondered a few days ago, did you all sit down together at any
time and discuss possible options away from TOTP in order to travel and earn more, say overseas ? I mean of course
before 1980 ?

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Is it "Girls" by Moments and Whatnauts by any chance?

"Girls, I love the things they know
Love the things they show
Got to be where they go

Pretty girls with sunshine in their hair
The perfume that they wear
Girls are everywhere

Girls (Super fine) (Mighty fine)
Sugar and spice (Everything nice)
Mmm, spice, specially nice"

Re: Legs Cabarets....

It is a nice pic LNV but missing Gill.  In my imagination I'm already swooning to a vision of Ms Clarke enticing to Betty Davies Eyes.
And Sue. For the comeback I'd like to apply for the job of costume assistant.  I'm sure I can find the requisite number of red scarves amongst Mrs SF's wardrobe, although sourcing the giant banana might be more tricky!

Re: Legs Cabarets....

bucksby
I wonder if the Loving you has made me bananas song is the one by Guy Marks.

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Say When
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mike
LNV

Re: Legs Cabarets....

LNV
Apologies to Gill. Suefan your steadfast protective observance of the girls is to be admired and somewhat feared, absolutely nothing escapes your scrutiny as to what is said or possibly intended by our comments on the ladies. Obviously those 'blinkers' of mine are not entirely off me when Rosie is in view, so exquisite as she is in that picture in her 'cheeky' (if you see my intention here) pose, elegant in posture with a luminous prescence.
LNV

Re: Legs Cabarets....

LNV
Whoa! That is some competition for Rosie!

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Thanks again Sue for the "Fever" description and you were right on the money mentioning my Patti-hopes.  If I may say so your descriptions are almost as "bad" as your dancing when it comes to causing me irrevocable but joyous discombobulation.

Say When that is one lovely Clarke-pic

OK now I'm ready for the fire-extinguisher

Re: Legs Cabarets....

Sweet English chicks fan
  Game - Set - and Match, to the hottie in the spotty thingy,  or as Baby Grumpling would say, goo - gah - pop.
1234