Legs & Co 1980 and beyond

LNV

Re: Legs & Co.

LNV

Re: Legs & Co.

AC/PD
Here's a scan for admirers of Gill, who the report's spelt differently.
As it's from 1980, the quality of the picture is a bit dicey, but it's of the time.
Regarding the Minder paragraph, I'm pretty sure the episode in question had already been broadcast by that point....looking leggy on the golf range.

GillnotJill

Re: Legs & Co.

mishmash

Re: Legs & Co.

Dug5y-02
Folks,

Here's a belated Christmas present to all of you - an article which appeared in "Jackie" magazine back on 6th September 1980:-

Dug5y

Re: Legs & Co.

mishmash

Re: Legs & Co.

mishmash

Re: Legs & Co.

mishmash

Re: Legs & Co.

As mentioned on the Legs & Co in Northern Ireland" thread on the main forum, I've uncovered a selection of images in the Libraries and Archive of Ireland's state broadcaster, RTÉ, of the troupe.  Apologies that the images are watermarked.

Wonderfully, the site is good in detailing the background behind its images, so I am pleased to inform you the first bundle of images are dated to 7th February 1980 and were taken by Tom Holton at the BBC Rehearsal Rooms in Acton.  The photos were taken as a report on Legs and Co, by Julian Davis who appears in some of the pictures, was filmed for RTÉ youth series "Let's Go", which was eventually transmitted on 1st April 1980.

Group shots first:

Re: Legs & Co.

Colm
From the same session as the previous post, solo dancer shots, starting with two of Patti:

One of Lulu:

One of Gill:

And Lulu, Sue and Gill together:

Re: Legs & Co.

Colm
In the last bundle of Legs and Co images from the RTÉ Libraries and Archives, we go to July 1983 and a post-TOTP TV appearance.  Sadly, the site is unable to identify the programme, but I am certain it's not "The Late Late Show", most likely the programme hosted by Gay Byrne which Sue mentioned in the forum thread, as that has always taken a summer break in its 50 year history.  Images were taken by John Cooney.

Re: Legs & Co.

This is a repost of pics previous in the thread that subsequently disappeared.

Re: Legs & Co.

From my 1982 TOTP annual (3 page article bout Flick Colby)

In fact this is from 1980 -all the TOPT annuals relate to two years prior - so 1974 annual (the first one) is 1972, 1975 is 1973 and so on up to 1984 (the last one) which is 82

Re: Legs & Co.

Article from 2000 for the special TOTP prog - (from my collection)

Re: Legs & Co.

This article is of particular interest...this is L&CO getting the boot from TOTP, but the interesting bit is at the end of the article....what if????

Re: Legs & Co.

Note the spelling of Gill  (Jill)........

Re: Legs & Co.

This is a rare pic of Legs & Co, unsure where it is from, but I believe a catalog (where the girls are modelling knitted dresses), but which catalog???? I thought they just did the one for Freemans in 1981.

Anyway, the original image I have of this was shockingly awful, it was scanned at a 45 degree angle, and had catalog quotes over the image.

I had to remaster this image (which took some time) removing the type and correcting the visual presentation (i.e making it straight)

Hope you like.....

UPDATE:  I hadn't finished remastering this, I missed a bit, but it's done now so apologises

Re: Legs & Co.

Another quick posting by me

Re: Legs & Co.

Another Freemans Ad, this time from Loving Magazine (oo-er) dated 4th April 1981 - this ad features Pauline.

Thanks to Andy over at PansPeople.com for posting this

Really would like to see a bigger clearer pic of this - so I can work my magic on it like I did the other Freeman Ad (remove the type and generally clean it up)

If anyone has this or if Andy from PP.com has a bigger scan then ping me here......

Re: Legs & Co.

From Look Now 1981

And the next from Freemans Over 21 1981

thanks to  Andy over at  PP.com, I'll do a clean up job on these a bit later........nice images.....

NB: - as promised cleaned up for your enjoyment

Re: Legs & Co.

A another really yummy pic from Andy from PP.com, this time from 1982 Fashion Craft Magazine......big thank you for another stunning pic