Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
I've decided I'm going to try and update the Wikipedia entry for Ruby Flipper. I've corrected Floyd's surname to Pearce on it (which is his name) as they had previously wrongly given him the surname Pearson. They have also got Cherry's final performance date completely wrong by saying it was in June to Dorothy Moore's 'Misty Blue'. So I want to correct that too. Also can someone give me the date of Floyd's performance with Legs and Co for 'I feel Love', as I'm going to put the full list of Floyd's L + C performances and Wikipedia lists only three. (I've got him down for at least nine!) and the only date I am missing is the 'I feel Love' one. Thanks.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

PattiforPM
I think that was the 11/8/77 one Carl (from memory) but you should probably wait for confirmation from someone more reliable like Jez, Suefan, YMG, Ryan, MishMash, Hadeel, Kace, Amy, Remote, HotLegs or LNV. (apologies if I missed soomeone out but this is from memory too)

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Suefan
As P4pm say, from the costumes the girls were wearing I'd agree 11/8/77 was the week the blighter was spotted pestering Susan.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Hey Carl, just checking, have you also listed those two Floyd routines from that god damn awful film `The Stud`. I must admit Floyd was a pretty cool dude on the dance floor in `Native New Yorker`, i really loved his style in that, he was almost as good as the Ryanmeister.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

80schick
But you would only be able to add one of those routines. As one was done in the studio of TOTP'S and the other outside and nothing to do with TOTP'S. Sorry for butting in again

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

 80s chick, ok your right they are nothing to do with TOTPs, but Legs & Co danced to two songs in the Stud film, both which featured Floyd. The songs were `Native New Yorker` and` Lets go disco`.  Yes i also know they danced to `Lets go disco` in the TOTPs studio . Please feel free to but in when you want by the way.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
This post was updated on .
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the info Patti4PM and Suefan. I've now added all Floyd's routines with L and Co to the Ruby Flipper page on Wikipedia and corrected a couple of other inaccuracies. This is the problem with Wikipedia. Someone on there once had information about the oldest man mentioned in the Bible being 'Bruce Forsyth'(!!)
I make it that Floyd appeared for a grand total of nine different routines with Legs and Co on TOTP.
Actually Floyd DID dance with Legs and Co in the TOTP studio for 'Let's Go Disco' on 25 of May 78 (The same edition he dances with them for 'You're The One that I Want'). If you look, you can see Legs and Co with Floyd in the TOTP crowd in front of the stage where the Real Thing are singing.
Thanks for the info about 'The Stud'. I had forgotten that. I can add it to the what they did next section.
Ryan, perhaps at a push, you could give Gavin a run for his money on the dance floor, but Floyd, I don't think so.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Unless you were thinking about wearing a duck's outfit?
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Kace
floyd danced on the generation game wit l&c
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Love the way Floyd toys with the girls in the Native new yorker thing, the guy is class in that.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

You can have Cherry and Ruth, i will take both Sue and Mary.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Hi Kace,
yep, forgot that too.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Kace
carl ave u seen that vid? cos we ave that 1
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Hi Kace,
I've seen a very short clip on a programme about Larry Grayson. If you get time, why not send it in to YMG. It's a laugh that routine.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Greedy boy.  Better hope Sue doesn't read this.
Carl, you lost me a feew posts back talking about Floyd with Legs in the TOTP audience.  which show are you talking about?

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Hes on about `Lets go disco`

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Hi Suefan,
I mean the 25th May 78 edition, where our Floyd does the 'You're the One that I Want' routine with the girls. In that same show, the group the Real Thing are on stage in the studio performing 'Let's Go Disco', and mixed in with the audience in front of the stage  are Legs and Co and Floyd dancing. Hope someone else verifies this.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Yes its the 2nd song on the show.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Cheers, i thought he meant they were in amongst the audience.  That's the one when Sue has on her very tight brown leotard if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Yes she has got a sexy leotard on, i also love the disco garb she wears in the film to this song.