Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Suefan
Your not wrong there Ryan and my missus still has a similar sparkly tube top somewhere, although I've not seen her wearing it for some little while now.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Does your missus also own a pair of pale skin tight disco trousers like Sue also, and does she still wear them ???

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Suefan
She has several pairs but they also seem to remain in the cupboard.  I was about to say that she has to keep off the ice cream in order to fit into them [clip round the ear] but I've just been told to say its because her partner can no longer keep up with her.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

First post - and a confession, I am the original author of the Pan's People, Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co articles on Wikipedia.  Which was about four or five years ago now, and I've not really tended to them as well as I should have done.

I apologise for any previous inaccuracies when I first wrote them, I did use available sources at the time such as the BBC TOTP2 website and PP websites, and I suppose I went along with Pearson and Floyd's surname for some unknown reason.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Oh your to blame are you, lol, Col come back and talk to us again when you have time.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Wow, Col. I bow down to you for being the creator of those dance troupe webpages and giving our lasses and lads the prominence they deserve.
It's great to hear from you. I hope you don't mind me adding some more info to the Wikipedia Ruby Flipper page to make it a bit more extensive.
I have to say that landing on that Wikipedia page was a valuable experience for me, as I'm sure it is for millions of other people that use Wikipedia to find out some information, and your page was the first (only?) source of information about Ruby Flipper that I found, when I knew absolutely nothing about them. (Doesn't everyone head for Wikipedia in these circumstances). So it did give me some valuable info.
Why don't you give your views on this forum about the dance troupes. You are clearly a very big fan and we always like to welcome new members on here.
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Colm
Cheers guy for the welcome :) Yes, I am a fan of the TOTP dance troupes, and I only discovered this blog the other day and spent far too many hours exploring the posts and checking out the video clips.  I like to think I've already got a big collection of TOTP episodes on DVD, but it's been a joy and pleasure watching routines I'd never seen before until I watched them on here, so cheers to everyone who's contributed videos and info to make a wonderful site.

Carl, cheers for adding further info to the Ruby Flipper page, I just hope the page doesn't end up getting marked for having unsourced material by any of the fascist Wiki editors... that's one of the main reasons I don't do much writing and editing on there these days.  Maybe one day when I get a spare few hours I will back up facts on the PP, RF and L&C articles...

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Floid Fan
Hi Col,
I suppose with something like a dance troupe it is very difficult to find academic sources or sources of any kind a lot of the time, to back up the facts. The only source for which individuals are dancing in particular routines, is the evidence of our own eyes watching the video clip on Youtube or OFTD.
Col, Ryan posted some stuff about what Phil Steggles did after Ruby Flipper, which IS sourced to an interview he gave to the TOTP BBC website about 9 years ago. So if you have time could you add this info onto the Ruby Flipper Wikipedia page? After all, we should recognise Phil's contribution to Ruby Flipper's success too. Unfortunately, Floyd was not interviewed, so we are struggling for sources, even though he had the more high-profile and more successful dance career. I wonder whatever became of Gavin Trace?
Carl

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Suefan
Disappeared without a......

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Carl, I shall try to quantify stuff on the PP/RF/L&C articles on Wikipedia as soon as I get a chance... it's most likely I'll do it when I get a day off or I have an evening with plenty of free time on my hands.  I'll give a heads-up on here when I do so.

I'm stumped myself as to what happened to Gavin post-RF... I know plenty of other TOTP fans (most of us are on another web forum called Popscene, which has had a few mentions on here) and they too haven't come across any info about Gavin and what happened to him after he left RF.

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

I had a quick glance at the Legs and co section on wikipedia. It states that Anita Mahadervan, was the first Asian dancer to appear on Top of the Pops. Would not Pauline Peters qualify for this as i belive she was born in Burma ?
  Then again i believe Sue was born in Libya, dosent make her African does it !

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Colm
You are right, Ryan, I've sort of contradicted myself there! lol

Re: Legs and Co and Floyd 'I Feel Love' Date

Just to let you all know, I've added some sourceable material (the BBC TOTP2 site and the Jeff Simpson book mainly) to the Ruby Flipper page...

I shall do similar work on the PP and L&C Wikipedia pages over the next few days.
12