Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Doc
Whilst most of us have seen the L&C appearance in the Blue Peter outfits, there have always been rumours that they appeared in 1976. Hopefully we might have the answer to this question soon because according to The Guardian the BBC are digitizing all of the BP episodes so that they can be made available on line. The Pan" s with Lesley Judd episode will be something else to look out for.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Everything'sRosie
Good news about Blue Peter. I grew up with Val, Lesley, John & Pete. Not in the same house mind . If Legs did appear on the show it will be preserved. Biddy Baxter insisted that no episodes of BP should ever be wiped, well, maybe some early ones, but certainly none from the 70s onwards.

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Yes when the forum began all those years ago it was mooted in some quarters that around the time of the Legs & Co naming that they appeared on Blue Peter and i suppose with Elaine Coombes in tow. I think this is now considered to be a bit of a myth. Looking on BBC Genome at the early November BP's i notice they do give some details of the 15th & 18th shows, so i guess they can be discounted then.

Of course the dancers were named Legs & Co with Elaine in attendance on TOTPs for Thursday the 11th. Tantalizingly Genome doesn't give any details for BP on Thursday the 11th, but as that was broadcast before TOTPs that can also be discounted.

Now if they were to digitize editions of The Multi-Coloured Swapshop from 1978 we'd be laughing ! Like thats gonna happen.

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

PattiforPM
Yes I did some digging to try to track this possible BP appearance down in the past and came up empty but if I've learned anything over the years looking for this stuff it's never to give up hope.....my own biggest hope would be for the full Tiswas episode to show up or the Irish RTE appearance to have its life sentence commuted

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Now if they were to digitize editions of The Multi-Coloured Swapshop from 1978 we'd be laughing ! Like thats gonna happen.
Quite right it isn’t going to happen as the BBC wiped all except one of them! Only fragments exist.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Doc wrote
RYAN wrote
Now if they were to digitize editions of The Multi-Coloured Swapshop from 1978 we'd be laughing ! Like thats gonna happen.
A bit difficult seeing the BBC wiped them all! Only fragments exist.
You don't say. I was being, i think the word is, sardonic !

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Doc
 Cynical will do.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Doc
Swap Shop 18/03/78, current status - missing.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

AC/PD
To tie in with the various attempts to locate any possible Blue Peter footage with Elaine Coombs and the girls, I recall seeing no record of either Legs or the legendary name-Christener when taking a look at the editions from October to December '76 detailed in Richard Marson's "Blue Peter - Inside The Archives" book.

Re: Legs and Co on Blue Peter.

Gorgeous Daze
It would have been quite something, a big shame that a freshly-christened troupe on BP is probably but a myth. Largely stemming I suppose from the trinity of Lesley's feature with Pan's in 76, Elaine Coombs and THAT TOTP, and Legs & Co's appearance in 79 getting merged into something new through foggy combined memories from those who'd maybe hadn't caught all three at the time. The only one I have the vaguest of memories of is Elaine announcing the name she'd chosen.
Steve