Like to see a tribute group

Scotty
I'm not posting as a heretic, but I thought I would throw this out for discussion.  Wouldn't be great to have a tribute group for Pans People?  Similar to the tribute groups for the Beatles, etc. with Flick inspired dance routines.  Wouldn't mind seeing re-creations especially of the dance numbers that the video tapes were wiped.  Now that youtube and dailymotion are so popular widespread viewing can be had by all.  Yea or nay?

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Doc
Probably no to a tribute troupe, I just don't think they would get it right. Now if The BBC were ever to bring a TOTP style program back a dancing troupe would help alieviate the monotony of seeing the same videos over and over again. I doubt the PC brigade would let it be anything like Pan's though.

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Everything'sRosie
On YT maybe as a bit of fun as the 70s are seen as a fun decade by the current generation (they weren't there!) and I think you'd get plenty of girls prepared to wallow in the dances and fashions, but it would be steeped in irony.

As for any TotPs revival, I agree, we'll never EVER see the likes of Pans and Legs on our screens again. Dance troupes now would be multi-racial, multi-gendered, street cred, overtly sexual and in yer face, and doubtlessly plastered in tattoos. Basically horrible. I'm more than happy to have my dance troupes protected by the passage of time where they can't disappoint me.

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Afraid I'm a naysayer too Scotty.  The originals were so unique that any attempt to recreate would be futile in my opinion.  Even trying to recreate Flick's choreography for wiped dances would surely invite ridicule and disdain from these quarters.  I'm sure lots of Dancers could imitate the moves but the heart would not be there; you need the original cast

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Nay.I don't really see the point in tribute groups.Any talented singer or dancer should,and probably would want to,plow their own field so to speak.Plus,apart from this place,i don't see an audience out there large enough to make any venture viable.Everything has its time - and the dancers have had their time.I'll continue to love them and watch them on YouTube.

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Has this 21st century Blue Peter Pans People style challenge ever been discussed on here ? This is from 2004.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIaxwzAAgIE

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Everything'sRosie wrote
On YT maybe as a bit of fun as the 70s are seen as a fun decade by the current generation (they weren't there!) and I think you'd get plenty of girls prepared to wallow in the dances and fashions, but it would be steeped in irony.

As for any TotPs revival, I agree, we'll never EVER see the likes of Pans and Legs on our screens again. Dance troupes now would be multi-racial, multi-gendered, street cred, overtly sexual and in yer face, and doubtlessly plastered in tattoos. Basically horrible. I'm more than happy to have my dance troupes protected by the passage of time where they can't disappoint me.
This exactly. Unfortunately. Whilst we are on the subject, what is this tattoo fad all about? I'm clearly old.

Re: Like to see a tribute group

Gorgeous Daze
CoffeeThing wrote
Whilst we are on the subject, what is this tattoo fad all about? I'm clearly old.
A copious amount of, often combined in the modern male with knee-length shorts (even in winter) and vaping. Mistyfying.

As for ER's post: +2. The trash he envisages would reflect the zeitgeist.
Steve